Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#91105 11/06/07 02:03 PM
L
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
L
Good luck to all teams competing in the classic state cup this weekend.

Teams coming to Columbia on friday night may want to consider attending the USC men's season finale against Kentucky at Stone stadium 7PM.

A great night out for the teams

For directions to Stone stadium please follow this link

http://gamecocksonline.cstv.com/facilities/scar-facilities-soccer.html

Goal
Goal

Victory Starts Here!
202677 #91107 11/06/07 02:50 PM
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
WOW!!! If you are playing at Seven Oaks park... be prepared. Not the best shape fields around. I hope they put some sand over the sprinkler heads, some of them are deep

Great idea about the USC game though, gives traveling teams something to do on friday night...thanks coach

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Only saw one out of town team (CESA boys) at Stone Stadium tonight for a very entertaining USC win 2-1 in OT.

There was a group of CUFC ?U-9's there with no supervision. Don't know how anybody around them could watch the game. Never saw one of the adults there try to keep them in their seats. If you wear your clubs' colors you've got to remember that you are representing that club.
The Congaree Rapid boys did a great job as ball boys.

S
goal
goal
S
Yep, and I saw the same at the FSC game a few weeks ago but they were wearing CESA colors.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Quote:

Only saw one out of town team (CESA boys) at Stone Stadium tonight for a very entertaining USC win 2-1 in OT.

There was a group of CUFC ?U-9's there with no supervision. Don't know how anybody around them could watch the game. Never saw one of the adults there try to keep them in their seats. If you wear your clubs' colors you've got to remember that you are representing that club.
The Congaree Rapid boys did a great job as ball boys.

When are those guys over at CUFC going to get their act together? Their teams can't compete, the coaching/training is subpar and now they have "punk" eight year olds running rampant at a soccer game. I can't believe these eight year olds would rather run around with their friends rather than "be kept in their seats" at a soccer game. I guess they did not read the "representing your club while wearing your colors" memo (you know third grade does have alot of homework). And don't even get me started on the parents who allowed this heinous behavior. Maybe CESA-Columbia has some "open" parenting sessions to go with the "open" training sessions so both the boys and their parents can improve themselves.

socdad #91111 11/10/07 10:28 PM
M
corner kick
corner kick
M
I wasn't there with the CESA kids. And I was there on CESA night and didn't see any of the behavior. It may have happened as you say (or you may just be taking a jab at CESA). I would think that 9 year olds can sit and watch a soccer game. If they're running up and down the bleacher seats constantly, they probably shouldn't be at the game. Why bother bringing them there? I was more put off by the fact that the few adults with them never said a word to try to get them under control.

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Congratulations to the Congaree Rapid U18 girls team coached by Ann Elbery and Laura Snell on their SCYSA Classic Cup State Championship!

This is the first state championship claimed by a CRSA team since the U15 boys team won the title in 2000 and just the second since the club was formed in 1993.

The Rapid89 girls posted a 15-1-5 (.833) mark overall this season and captured the Soccer By the Sea tournament at Hilton Head in September.

Congratulations to the Congaree Rapid on this outstanding achievement! The Rapid89 qualify for the Region III President's Cup in Columbus, Georgia in June 2008!

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Congratulations to the Congaree Rapid U18 boys team coached by David Schroer who qualified for the SCYSA Classic Cup State Championship next Saturday, November 17 at 1:00 p.m. at the Columbia United FC East (Spring Valley Presbyterian Church) versus Summerville SC Blue.

The Rapid89 boys U18 team posted a 4-0-0 mark in the SCYSA Classic Cup Flight A bracket. The Rapid89 defeated Georgetown (8-1), Upstate SA (4-0), Aiken Ice (3-0), and Mount Pleasant SC Maroon (1-0).

The Rapid89 have posted an 11-1-1 mark this fall, including a 6-1-1 regular season mark in league play. The team is comprised of players from the following high school soccer programs: Airport, Brookland-Cayce, Lexington, Lugoff-Elgin, Richland Northeast and one USC freshman (graduate of B-C).

Last edited by Kevin Heise; 11/17/07 01:47 PM.
S
throw in
throw in
S
Congratulations to the CESA 92 Classic boys team coached by Keith Parkinson who won the SCYSA Classic Cup State Championship.

The 92 Classic Boys team posted a 4-0-0 mark in the SCYSA Classic bracket. The 92 Boys defeated SSC Real (1-0), FSCG Sharks (2-0), Congaree Rapid (2-1), and FSCG Sharks (2-0) in double Overtime for the Championship.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard