Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Kevin,
Congaree will being playing Summerville Blue for State next weekend..Summerville won a hard fought game against CASA 2-1
I would like to thank the boys that made the trip week in and week out from James Island to help SSC field this team..This team went from not having enough players or even a coach to playing for a championship and I would like to thank all those that helped make this happen..
Dante..Victor and Kevin..THANK YOU!!

C
Coach
Coach
C
A great job by the CRSA girls--they've gotten faster and stronger since we saw them at the beginning of the season! I hated to go home early, but if we had to get knocked out, I'm glad it was by a talented team who went on to win it all.

Also, my thanks to the players and coaches who expressed concern and well wishes to my player who was injured and taken to the hospital during our match; she is doing well and was able to go home later that night.

Congratulations, girls!

Will Chassereau
CUSC U18 Girls White

I've got good news and bad news...
M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Congratulations to the Lower lexington U-15 girls. Made it to the finals (went to overtime), but lost in PK's 4-2 to CUFC challenge (our goalie 5' their goalie 6'-makes a difference). Not bad considering Lower lexington only charges $135 a player. By the way they only surrendered one shot on goal(free kick). A couple of questionable calls during the game-LL had two goals called back. But congrats to CUFC-all the girls played well. I just hate for the game to be decided in PK's. However, it must be nice to have someone like Phil Savitz on the sideline helping coach! Great Job CUFC!

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
there you go again (first Mt Pleasant and now state cup)...

According to you, you lost because:
your keeper is small
you do not charge enough
the referees made questionable calls
Phil Savitz is on their sideline.
The sun is in your eyes
there is a pebble in your shoe
and the wind was against you

I would have said that your team played their hearts out all weekend and made it to the final in State Cup in shootout loss to CUFC.

This would have given YOUR girls the respect they deserve for their performance.

You may want to read Coach Chass' entry as a primer.

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
A quick look at the results shows more parity among clubs than I'm used to seeing. The following clubs won Classic titles:

CUFC 2
CESA 2
LCSC 1
USA 1
MPSC 1
CRSA 1 *
SSC 1 *

*CRSA will play SSC for the U18 boys title.

In my opinion, the lack of domination by one or two clubs at this level is a good thing.

Congrats and thanks to SCYSA and CUFC for putting on a very well run tournament.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
It is what it is. The Girls did do great! I think the fact that CUFC had one shot on goal says the way the game was controlled and we did earn respect. Furthermore, who are you associated with or do you care to say? For the record, I did have a pebble in my shoe. I think it chapped my toe when I was kicking your but. Also, why do clubs charge so much? Is it for better coaching? I believe our kids are well-coached at LL(as good or better than anywhere else).

Last edited by ALLAN; 11/12/07 06:50 PM.
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

... But congrats to CUFC-all the girls played well. I just hate for the game to be decided in PK's....Great Job CUFC!

Thanks. Your girls did play their hearts out and are to be congratulated! I, too, hate to see it decided on PKs.

K
throw in
throw in
K
Quote:

I believe our kids are well-coached at LL(as good or better than anywhere else).

While I won't disagree with you--I know the coaching staff of my club and my club only--I will pose one question.

If you really believe that your kids are as well, if not better coached, that those from other clubs...why make the comment that "it must be nice to have someone like Phil Savitz on the sidelines...?"

My congratulations go out to all teams that played hard this weekend and, despite the scores, walked off of the field with their heads held high.

C
Coach
Coach
C
BHS Keeper...

Shouldn't you be in Spanish class right about now, kiddo? :-)

Good points, though; everyone who came out this weekend and played their hearts out deserves to walk away proudly, regardless of how the scoreboard comes out. I'm really proud of my team's effort throughout this season and the performance and spirit they showed this weekend, and I'm equally happy that while they were disappointed not to go to the finals, they were still able to be proud of their efforts even though we gave up a very close (1-0) match to a top-notch team early in the competition.

I also wanted to give a shout out to the Discoveries U18 Classic girls--they were a real example of what happens when a team shows up to play and puts a lot of heart into the game. Well done, ladies...you represented yourselves and your club well!

I've got good news and bad news...
M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
I believe if there was a measuring stick, Phil is it!
If I wanted to be a coach, it would be Phil. Many years of experience and many years at the top! Why not mention that?

Last edited by ALLAN; 11/12/07 08:03 PM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard