Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Bridge U-14 Girls were paired with some very tough competition up in Raleigh this weekend. I'm baffled that they absolutely smoked the Chicago Sockers 3-0 in their first match. The Sockers ended up winning the group, and winning the cross-over game for the division championship.

Great result for Bridge. I need details. How did they do so well against this team?

http://www.gotsport.com/events/resultsgrid.aspx?EventID=1606&GroupID=32937

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
corner kick
corner kick
Congratulations to the Columbia United U-13 Girls Elite for winning the U13 United Gold Division at the CASL Shootout this weekend. In pool play:

1-1 T vs FC United Premier (IL)
2-0 W vs Vardar (MI)
4-0 W vs Miami U-13 Premier (FL)

Championship

3-0 W vs VA Rush Swoosh 1 (VA)

(The lone goal against was on a PK.)

Tomorrow...is too late.
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Bridge played a great game against the Sockers; Sockers had three shots all game and they were all long range. Bridge were leading at the half, scoring from a well executed corner. The other two goals came early in the second half.
Poor finishing cost the Bridge the other two games, several breakaways and a couple that hit the post. With some more consistent play I think that the Bridge can be one of the best teams in the region.
Even though they did not make the finals, people would be looking at this team in the future.
Hurst66 don't be so surprised that Charleston could produced good teams

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Congratulations to LCSC United 95G White - finalist in the shootout 11v11 U12 Silver bracket. Lost 1-0 to Atlanta Fire, W 3-0 Beach Fc (Va), W 1-0 D'feeters (Tx), W 2-0 Augusta Arsenal

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
futbol(soccer),

Those are extremely impressive results by LCSC 95G over some big name clubs. Who is their coach or who deserves some credit for bringing them so far along thus far?

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
see their site
http://www.lexingtoncountysoccerclub.org/

You may have to ask Alan Riches

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Thanks for the link. I'm a little confused though. Their team page says they are the 2006, 2007 State Champions. I didn't think SCYSA had state championships for ages less than u13. Also their team page says they compete in the Region III Premier League. How can that be when they are only a u12 team?

Anyway, congrats to them on impressive results at CASL.

L
kick off
kick off
L
They are the U10 Kohl's SCYSA State Cup champions 2006, and the U11 SCYSA Classic State Cup champions 2007.

SCYSA has state cup all the way down to U11 and Rec cup to U9 (at least they used to).

As far as the R3 league, may be just wishfull thinking or cookie cutter.

Also this past fall they played up in the U13 Classic 1 league, and they won the U13 group in the Carolina Cup.

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
soccerislife,

I'm not surprised at all by the showing of the low country club. There's great history there. MPSC has put out some great teams and West Asley and Wando have a bunch of state championships to their credit.

That's a great showing in a very competitive bracket. I was shocked that a team Bridge hammered, 3-0, ended up winning the tournament. Thanks for the explanation....looks like with a little more luck and a little better finishing, Bridge could have taken home the big trophy.

Congrats again on a good tournament and a great result.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.

Link Copied to Clipboard