Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
If you are spending your holiday in Florida, please post your stories/results here.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Observation:

After spending the past couple of days in the Magic Kingdom and Blizzard Beach, I've come to the conclusion that there are more foreigners than Americans in Orlando this week.

As for EPL supporters, more Chelsea shirts than any other club.

I know why the English are spending their holiday here this week. Their travel plans for Austria/Switzerland have changed and they will be staying home this summer!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Hurst,

The barrage of Englishmen in Florida probably has more to do with the value of the American "Peso" than anything else.

And......Chelsea is sponsoring Disney Showcase/Jr Showcase. Very good marketing on their part. A ton of great publicity aimed at their prime market...soccer fanatics with the money to travel and buy €60 jerseys.

Red, White and True Blue indeed!!!

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Enjoy Florida man.......and keep us posted!!

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
No doubt the weak dollar has a lot to do with the amount of foreigners enjoying Disney. (I thought g&b or Chico might have beaten you to the punch Daddy.....good job.)

Chelsea's U-16 boys team is down here participating in the youth tournament.

Very funny that the England Store in Epcot had to send back most of their England Euro 2008 sportswear. The little they had (t-shirts and scarves) were not even discounted! I bought a red Liverpool game jersey for what I think is a rather reasonable $64 (for Disney prices). Funny that they only had Liverpool and Chelsea gear. There was one small rack dedicated to a few Newcastle jerseys. No ManU or Gunners to be found (I assume Disney's deal is with Adidas and not Nike).

Merry Christmas to all.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
This is a nice place to spend the holidays isn't it? There is always so much going on.
If ya get the chance get out to Blue Springs and check out the manatees, it's a nice escape from the crowds.
Do you have any links with schedules for events in next few days?

corner kick
corner kick
Disney's Soccer Showcase Presented by Chelsea Football Club

Link to Disney schedules/results

Last edited by fan_of_sports; 12/26/07 04:27 PM.
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Thanks for the link.
If you are on I Drive and looking for soccer stuff here are a few...
United World Soccer, has stadium seats in front of a big screen tv. They have hundreds of jerseys from Celtic to Korea. Look for Bass Pro Shop it's right next door.
Soccer and Lacross a few blocks from I-4, similiar to Lloyd's in Mt. P.
Sports Dominator is a fun one, Celtic and Man U,France and Italy. A bunch of cool NCAA stuff as well.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
One of the YC dads from the boys '92 CESA Premier team called me to say they had beaten the Boston Bolts 3-nil in their Disney opener.

Congrats to Nick and his boys!!!

O
kick off
kick off
O
How are the CESA 91's doing?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard