Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15
T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Geeze Louise-- Talk about an interesting twist of fate--or karma--luck--whatnot........

To try and explain for those not familiar with Lady Bengal Viking Cup history:

In our first year we faced West Ashley in the SECOND round of the Viking Cup--- in the consolation bracket- lost 0-9

Last year- our second year- we AGAIN faced West Ashley in the SECOND round - in the consolation bracket-- lost 0-4

This year- our third season and for the third year in a row we face -WEST ASHLEY only this time it is in the winners bracket!

Hmmmmmmmmm..... Fate? Or the long hand of Steve Lea?????

Tony King
goal kick
goal kick
WA over Eastside?!?

Did anyone watch the game? Was it evenly matched?

C
Brace
Brace
C
Dorman 2 Wren 1 (pks)
South Aiken 2 Myrtle Beach 1 (pks--6th one)

J
world cup
world cup
J
Mauldin - 2
James Island - 0

Riverside - 2
Brookland-Cayce - 1

Fort Mill - 0
Hilton Head - 1

corner kick
corner kick
TL Hanna- 1
Bishop England-0

That there is an RV Clark......
J
world cup
world cup
J
MUCH improved conditions tonight. Still pretty cold compounded by a steady mist towards the end of the night, but nothing remotely like the insanity that was last night.

I arrived at Harry Parone during the halftime break of James Island vs Mauldin. By this time Mauldin had a 1-0 advantage.

Before I recap, I have to say:

Mauldin has the UGLIEST kits I have ever seen in prep sports - possibly in all sport. Even worse than these:

..I digress.

Both teams came out of the break strong. I was impressed with the overall skill of both teams. Each seemed as though they were comfortable with the ball at their feet under pressure. Communication was excellent, though Mauldin's passing was more intuitive which gave them an extra step.

James Island certainly possessed the ball, but never seemed to be able to sustain pressure in the eighteen. Opportunities came from the perimeters and the top of the eighteen, but Mauldin's back line closed quickly inside the box - rarely allowing more than a first touch.

Mauldin attacked in just about every way imaginable. Left or right it made no difference - short, short, long, - give and go through balls - corner flag and cross - dribble through the center - and the kitchen sink!

Maudlin's size in the midfield gave James Island fits on set pieces. There were a handful of free headers from corners and free kicks where Trojan defenders were muscled away, though unpunished.

Mauldin scored their 2nd goal from a ball played to streaking sophomore midfielder Leah Young. Young carried the ball with pace down the left flank and then finished with a well placed shot just inside the farside post.

Final 2-0 Mauldin.

B
throw in
throw in
B
Anybody have a recap of the Dutch Fork V. Byrnes game?

World Cup
World Cup
Hanna cutt the defending AA champs, eh Hobo? Good start off for the Yellow Jackets under first year Head Coach Craig Joyner. Can you ask for a better first win? Good stuff to the Lady Jackets and my boy. Goal scored by Caitlin Robinson with Casey Craft. Clean sheet held by Kendall Maxwell. Good to see my good friends in the stands.

L
lfc Offline
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
L
Anyone get a chance to see Fort Mill / HH tonight?

J
world cup
world cup
J
Fort Mill - Hilton Head

Last year's 3A runners-up look stellar. As a team, exceptional composure on the ball. Much like Mauldin, the Lady Seahawks came out with a varied attack. However, Hilton Head tended to create more 1v1 situations and excel! Fort Mill defenders will be having night terrors about sophomore forward Stephanie Sosa. Partnering with Sosa was junior forward Dianna Boryk. The towering tandem will have great success this season (assuming Boryk's injury late in the match is not too serious).

It was by no means complete domination as Fort Mill had several opportunities through more direct play. Sophomore midfielder Taylor Parker tested the speed of Hilton Head's defense, but rarely found a Lady Jacket in the eighteen unmarked.
Chances were had (though sparingly) by Sophomore forward Becca Tooley who was unable to chip the Seahawks keeper in the second half. Frustration showed late in the game as build-up was a difficult task for an overrun Fort Mill midfield.

The Hilton Head goal came from a poor clearance attempt that rolled to the feet of Boryk who then placed the ball neatly inside the left post.

1-0 Halftime

Fort Mill did not shrink away, though they continued to struggle in transition. Parker continued to provide options for the Fort Mill attack, including a lovely strike off the far post after being released by a beautiful chip (didn't catch the server).

Three or four injuries during this match, both sides appear to have lost at least one player (for how long, I do not know).

Final 1-0 Hilton Head

Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard