Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
H
goal kick
goal kick
H
Well played game by both teams but it looked like Spring Valley's experience was the difference. SV seemed more composed in the second half and that was the difference. It was a pretty open game with a lot of transition play but neither team had many clear goal scoring oppurtunities. I believe SV only managed two shots on goal all night. I thought for the most part with the exception of Antoine's cross that Irmo defender Kyle Hubbard played very well man marking Antoine with Daniel Lynch also having a very solid game for Irmo in the back. Credit to SV as well in the back as they were able to shut out Irmo for the first time all season. I thought the difference of the game came in the midfield and Irmo's midfield seemed to disapear at times especially in the second half with SV creating loads of space. Overall I thought Irmo had more of the play in the first half and created more chances while SV controlled the second half and managed to find a way to score. Should be an interesting rematch come next week.

Last edited by hollywood; 03/12/08 03:52 AM.
throw in
throw in
jugo was shut out for most of the game

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
I saw the same game as Hollywood. Nice recap. Ronaldo must have been at Manchester and didn't see the same game.

A
throw in
throw in
A
Very nice summary, Hollywood. I was going to write one, but that seemed pretty sufficient. SV did control the midfield and possession, but Irmo held the edge with quality chances.

One interesting note from this match was the amount of corner kicks. By my count, SV had one...Irmo had ten.

H
goal kick
goal kick
H
Yea the corner kick numbers were very much in Irmo's favor with I think about three all coming back to back to back in one sequence with under ten minutes to play. Yet I thought Irmo wasted a lot of those corners with some poor service. I think the first three the hit didn't get past the first defender which is a waste every time. As far as Ronaldo's comments about Jugal. I do remember him taking on several players but overall he did not play to the level a player of his caliber should have.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Two of Irmo's corners never made it onto the field. One of those in the last 5 minutes.

C
kick off
kick off
C
SV has given up a lot of corner kicks this season. Eventually it may catch up with them.
SV's defense has been impressive despite losing its two starting marking backs and keeper from last year.

goal kick
goal kick
two marking backs? who did they lose beside Mark Beal and Davis? I thought the back was Thomas Clements (junior) Zach Houghton (junior) Beal(senior) and Davis (senior) with parker arnold stopping...

i wanna stay inside
C
kick off
kick off
C
Clements was a midfielder, the other marking back was Jay Revson.

goal kick
goal kick
Oh okay. The games I saw SV play they had clements in the back. But i completely forgot about Jay

i wanna stay inside
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard