Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
C
Coach
Coach
C
I've got to throw my own field at Berkeley into this mix...absolutely no winter grass planted, stays brown and sandpapery until the last week of the season, with a good sprinkling of sand and little rocks in the goal area--I can't get my own keeper to dive in warmups because she always comes up bleeding. The sideline by the bench area is on pure sand, and there are deep ruts where the football lines run. Couple that with concrete discus and shot put pads near opposite corners, some wild diagonal discus lines crossing the soccer marks, a pole from the discus net that apparently only two people know how to remove, and a good smattering of weed clumps, and I'd say we have a frontrunner.

Man, it sure looks nice and green and smooth for football season, though.

I've got good news and bad news...
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
I was a little shocked at Chapin's field. It kind of reminded me of my own backyard after the last two summers of drought and me trying to keep my water bill from shooting through the roof!

goal kick
goal kick
I'll throw in Wilson High School. Very loose, sandy turf. Slows you down two ways. When you run it feels slow, and dust flying in your eyes.

corner kick
corner kick

How many HS have separate soccer fields? I know many football fields are used year round for football, soccer, lacrosse and etc. Many baseball fields are in perfect playing condition because they are only used one season.

throw in
throw in
Greenwood has its own seperate soccer field and i know dorman does too

Goal
Goal
Clinton has its own field.

Sean Vick
Christ Church Soccer
H
goal kick
goal kick
H
Byrnes has its own field, but sometimes they use the football field.

F
bench
bench
F
I agree with kickittome in that Wilson's field is pretty terrible. Haven't been there since '06, but at that time the field was a construction zone because they were putting a new track in around the field.

T
bench
bench
T
I would have to say Beaufort Academy has the single worse field. It is about 85% sand and the rest is coarse grass and sand-spurs. I know it is a SCISA team and it is little, but I mean come on at least have a little respect for your team and others and work on that. When I played at PG we would play there are win by about 2 goals (excluding last year, 8-1) and when we played them at home we would wipe the floor with them. A bad field can screw over the best team and I believe there has to be some rule where the field needs to at least be 50% grass.

Brace
Brace
I'd say Stratford is the worst down here. North Myrtle isn't real good either.

The best are BE and PG!

"I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles"
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard