Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
R
So NHSXCOACH....if Alex were to receive another yellow/red or straight red, it would not be considered season ending as in a 3rd disqualification of the season?

corner kick
corner kick
That is correct. The SCHSSCA recommended a Soccer Penalty Chart to the HSL that was adopted in July 2001. It divides cards into 3 categories:

Category A (Fighting, attempting to strike; Foul, vulgar, abusive language or gestures; spitting at others)
Category B (Any straight red not mentioned above)
Category C Technical Red (Two yellow cards)

The punishments are as follows:

1st offense:
A - Next two games
B - Next game
C - Warning

2nd offense:
A - Player inelgible
B - Next two games
C - Next game

3rd offense:
B - Player inelgible
C - Two games

4th offense:
C - Player inelgible

The league rules on what the official writes up the red card as. In this case, the 1st was a Cat. C and the 2nd was written as a Cat. B.

B
throw in
throw in
B
The OW team is a classy group of young men who play with heart, but almost no experience. For a team to run up the score, or a coach to allow a player to score 7 is classless.

goal
goal
Yes I give OW a lot of credit for going out there every game and playing day in and day out. At least they are still playing and trying, which is all you can ask for.

Was anybody at the game? Do you know how many minutes Savage played to score 7 goals? Any information would be appreciated!

I
goal
goal
I
Dale Jr. you have too much time on your hands, and as I said, "I" have never seen it. Anybody in football to get in trouble for 3 unsportman like fouls, it would be the Raiders.

Based on the grid of offenses more folks should be carded than they are today... Too much latitude in what a ref can call, which is my point any way.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
NHScoach... The SCHSL rule book has the followingin their document for the 2007-08 season. Based on this he should sit out two weeks (see 3 below). I have to admit that nowhere in the rules do I find the recommendation you state.

http://www.schsl.org/2007/2007-08%20Constitution.pdf

UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT
Unsportsmanlike acts that take place at the site of an interscholastic contest are League matters. The
League shall discipline violators of the following items.
1. An athlete who is ejected for using abusive language, flagrantly or maliciously contacting
another person, making obscene gestures to opponents or spectators, shall be ineligible
for a minimum of the next contest to the maximum of one year depending on the
seriousness of the violation.
Any attempt to verbally abuse, make obscene gesture to, threaten or strike an official or
member of the opposing coaching staff, shall be considered a serious violation making the
athlete ineligible for a minimum of the next two contests to the maximum of one year. Any
A-27
action that warrants a maximum penalty will also require that the school be placed on
immediate probation in that sport. The League Office will review any other action(s) that
result in an ejection with the possibility of additional penalties.
NOTE: Any ejection that warrants games(s) suspension will require the removal of the
athlete’s eligibility until the suspension has been served at the level of the ejection.
2. Any athlete who leaves the bench area to become involved in a fracas will be disqualified
from that game and will be subject to a minimum of a next game suspension depending on
his or her involvement. A school whose athletes violate this bench policy will be subject to
League discipline.
3. An athlete who is ejected for the second time in the same sport will have his or her athletic
eligibility removed for a minimum of two weeks. An athlete who has been ejected from three
contests during a school year (all sports) shall become ineligible for the remainder of the
school year. Game officials must report all player ejections so that the League Office can
officially notify the school of each violation. When an athlete is ejected for the second time in
the same sport, the school is required to immediately begin the above prescribed penalty.
4. A coach will be in violation of the standards for good sportsmanship established by the
League for:
a. making degrading/critical remarks about officials during or after a contest either on
the field of play, from the bench or through any public news media;
b. arguing with officials or going through motions indicating dislike/disdain for a
decision;
c. detaining the official following the contest to request a ruling or explanation of actions
taken by the official; or
d. being ejected from any contest.
5. A coach's action that leads to an ejection will be considered as serious unsportsmanlike
conduct. The minimum penalty will be a next game suspension (Must be served at the level
of ejection before resuming coaching duties at games) or a $100.00 fine. The penalty will be
doubled for a second offense. (Two games and $200.00) NOTE: If a coach is ejected from
the final game of the season, the minimum penalty will be a $100.00 fine assessed to the
school.
6. A school must control its spectators. In cases where spectators physically assault an official,
coach, or athlete, the school shall be given one of two options: (1) To take legal action
against the offender(s) that is acceptable to the League or (2) be disciplined by the League.
7. A school shall not allow vulgar chants by its supporters.
8. Violation of any of the above policies will warrant League discipline for the school or
individual. Degrees Of League Discipline Are:
WARNING: An official notice that an inexcusable, unethical, or unsportsmanlike action is
a matter of record and must not happen again.
PROBATION: A team may compete in regularly scheduled contests but may not play in
a jamboree, an invitational event or for a region or state championship.
FINE: May be levied in addition to other disciplines and may range from $25.00 to
$2,500.00 for each violation.
SUSPENSION: A suspended school may not compete against another member school
or a school in another state whose association is a member of the National Federation of
State High School Associations.
NOTE: A school that has been placed on probation or had a program suspended during
that sport season, must appeal within 10 working days. If the suspension or probation
occurs during the last contest of the season, the appeal must be made prior to the
beginning of the sport the next season.

S
throw in
throw in
S
He played 29 minutes. The team was restricted to two touch play after the third goal.

Sean Egnew Varsity Boys Soccer Coach Stratford High School
corner kick
corner kick
futbol(soccer),
I know what is in the constitution and I know the recommendation that the SCHSSCA made to the league that was implemented in July 2001. The information I previously posted was to clarify some misinformation that had been previously posted. I don't work for the HSL so I can't explain their actions and I am no longer a member of the SCHSSCA (I was from Jan 92 - Jun 00) so I don't have the official reasons or justification for their recommendation and Penalty chart.
One other point that you must consider is that the league (HSL) rules on what the official reports and I have not see that report.
Again, my post was not to debate any rules, policies, or constitutional issues, but to clear up some misinformation.

S
Brace
Brace
S
Maybe the ref reported it as a yellow or level one red so we have to put that into perspective, as for the kid with seven goals in 29 minutes?? great job kid, thats a great acomplishment

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
goal
goal
Ok thanks coach! And very well done by Savage. 7 goals in 29 minutes is insane.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard