Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
hollywood #99304 04/13/08 11:23 PM
bench
bench
from the whistle, irmo came out extremely intense, and kept the ball on the attack for the first 15 minutes. lexington did well guarding the goal even though they allowed more shots than they would have wanted. around twenty minutes, lexington picked it up and started on the attack with several one on one breakaways by reel calison that irmo was extremely lucky did not get finished. 0-0 at half time. ball was fought for mainly in the midfield for most of the 2nd half, when irmo is given a direct kick. a wall is formed and irmo's player (not sure who it was) put it over the wall and in the goal. lexington then fights for the equalizer which was eventually put in by a header back post off of an indirect kick or corner, can't remember. from there, lexington looked as if they were content going into extra time, but the refs seemingly wanted the game to end, allowing about 9 minutes of stoppage time. lexingtons keeper, tanner osborne was having to do alot more goal saving than usual but ended up with the sexiest save award i've ever seen. tanner was far post when a ball was drilled upper 90 far post. with catlike reflexes he layed all the way out across the goal, blocked the shot and held onto the ball. 30 seconds before the final whistle, a ball was cleared over the goal by lexingtons defense. a corner was taken and the ball bounced out right to unmarked jugal, #16. he took a nice left footed ball and placed it in the right upper 90 to seal the win.

alcuni sono nati gloriosi
A
throw in
throw in
A
puma...you seem a bit biased towards Lexington. In my eyes, it appeared as if Irmo controlled nearly the entire match. Reel created a couple of shots in the first half, most of which were from long-range and not even close to on frame. I would hardly consider Irmo to be lucky on those. Also, you forgot to mention the numerous occasions Irmo did not capitalize on...the great save from Tanner, another chance where if hit first time would have been a goal, a hit off the crossbar, an obvious hand ball by Lexington in the box that went uncalled, etc.

If you were at this game, as an unbiased observer (which I consider myself to be), I think it was apparent that Irmo was the better team on Friday. Lexington is good, but Tanner kept them in that game, and the scoreline makes the game seem much closer than it actually was. Varney (who scored the free kick), McEwan, and Acree played outstanding, in my opinion.

throw in
throw in
that was probably the sickest save ive seen in high school soccer by Tanner and a very nasty goal by Jugal..awesome game

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... or so it is said.. A very good game by two good teams. Varney's free kick was superb as was Jugal's goal. However you have to give credit to Irmo's goalkeeper by pulling one from the line late in the game when it was tied 1-1. Lexington's goal was a well executed free kick. In my eyes there were opportunities for both sides and again in my eyes the game seem to go back and forth . As far as the hand ball 04... there was an Irmo handball in the box as well earlier which was not called.
In the end the winner of the next game at Irmo will most likely win the region. That will be the battle that needs to be won.

throw in
throw in
IRMO......WITH OUT A DOUBT IRMO IRMO IRMO LEX SUCKS AND HAS NO CHANCE

scballa #99309 04/16/08 03:11 AM
goal
goal
And Greenwood is worse.

throw in
throw in
i agree

scballa #99311 04/17/08 12:44 AM
??? Offline
goal kick
goal kick
but northwestern is the best......isnt that right Henry???

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard