Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 33 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 32 33
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
LOC Dog,

Why are monopolies beneficial? You seem to be very verse in keeping stats.

G
bench
bench
G
Loc Dog,

just three questions, I dont have as many as you.

If CESA training is so good,why do they need to bring in players from all over the State to help their Elite teams get an edge? Can they not develop their own local players? In case you need help with that, the answer is obviously NO. Look into it. case and point is CESA Columbia...not an impressive resume for "professional" coaches. I would think syucj pros would have takebn the leagues by storm. Also, in my humble opinion, some of the differnece makers for CESA elite teams have had their fundamental training outside of Gville. I will applaud CESA for being great recruiters. And if you convince the talent to come, you will win..just like college soccer. Lets not confuse good marketing and recruiting with superior coaching.

Second, since the CESA coaches are so professional and great, I find it comical that they more than occasional get beat by what you percievce as gym teachers. I mean they are pros and don't have jobs, why all the close calls this year? many accomplishments in PK's and have lost a few as well. Kind of sad really...need players developed by NON professionals to help your teams?? If you are so great, just develop your players and prove your case. Why do pros have to sweat out games against non pros whose players ahve been cherry picked by CESA. the games should be run aways? NO???? (by the way, I find it funny that CESA is 10 years old as you put it and CUFC was born yesterday. I guess we have ten years to get that one impressibe regional game...so FAAARRRR to go....what a joke).

Finally,
why do you feel the need to try and degrade quality people who are working to develop players. People who have jobs, are faithful to the community they live in and care about both the soccer community and the community at large. I love soccer as much as the next guy, but there is more to life than the wonderful game.

Finally, and this is not a question. Yor posts are rude and you are an idiot.

kick off
kick off
4lowcountryunitedsoccer / CHT

In response to my earlier post.

I believe that SSC is still in the same position as they were before. even with CESA onboard there is still a conflict of interest if SSC now offers Challenge soccer as SSC under CESA management and CESA plays challenge soccer too I find it hard that the hired guns are going to go all out to equipt SSC teams to beat/compete with the CESA teams that they have spent all this time and effort building.

Just a thought.....

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Spiritdad
I understand your concern and it seems many feel this way and in no way am i saying you are wrong...
Here is another way to look at it..
Would not raising the level of play in S.C. be beneficial to CESA? How many times have we heard that we have to go outside of the state to get better competition..I think the vision is bigger than just having good teams in Greenville..It started there..The name Carolina Elite Soccer Academy sounds like a club that has a bigger vision than for just one area..

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
One other comment...
There are great coaches all over this state..I do not believe that they are all located in Greenville..
I think what makes that area more successful is the program that these coaches work under..I also believe it to be a mindset about the program you coach under that helps for success..

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
I think there is a lot of fishing for CESA to be accepted in the low country. CESA Columbia is an an example of an inferior product that is operating under the CESA model. What quality teams our and abundances of quality coaches do they have? CESA does a really good job of recruiting players for all there top teams from all the other areas. How does that improve the quality of soccer for the area. Its funny that some people think that good soccer only comes from CESA. The bigger vision is having a bigger wallet.

kick off
kick off
CHT,

Their accomplishments are definately very clear no doubt about the prospects but the key thing here is that there is still a conflict of interest betwix all the glits and glamour.

In regards to there being lack of "professional" coaches in the lowcountry I have to agree with you sheer ignorance by some and I do believe that under the right program our kids can grow I have seen that first hand with our team now I just hope that as we move forward SSC interests are top priority.

SD

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Okay..let's move this in another direction...Let's say that CESA is not going to manage the club and you are back to the same in house fighting that's been going on for over three years and a club that I see as floundering...Not that they don't have a few good teams but I am talking as a club as a whole...Do you want more of this? Where do you think it would be in another five years? PEOPLE...This club is treading water..

B
goal
goal
B
Quote:

At $4/gallon???

If commuting to Greenville once a week, keeps a child playing the game at the appropriate level of capability, keeps goals in reach, increases happiness, and does not feel victimized by methods and actions, then absolutely at $4/gallon.

Can everyone do that, no.

kick off
kick off
cht,

Not saying to go that route either none of them to me is in the best interest of SSC but I am happy with my daughters progress, she loves playing with her team and we have a good coach and all the girls are improving as a parent I am satisfied in that respect or we probably would not be at SSC

What I would like to see is us merging with no one hire a independent DOC (and yes there are many qualified candidates some right under our noses not sure where we have been looking in the past)create some structure and move forward I never played but I have been around the game long enough to see that with a little structure progress can be made without adding "star players" to win games, again I see it today with my daughters team ....structure.

"Just my thoughts as usual" and the end its like u say we have to keep an open mind and see what happens.

SD

Page 9 of 33 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard