Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 33 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 32 33
K
goal kick
goal kick
K
Thanks, I will check out the links. Apologies for not being up to speed on these issues and not getting the subtle jokes being passed around. This board is pretty ruthless.

B
kick off
kick off
B
galaxy ill try somefin new ill speak in yo terms

cesa is strugglin cesa won 34 state cups rest of state 10
in first year cesa won 10 first two years cufc 2 if that strugglin ill tkae it

i nebber say anythik bout cufc coach amateue loc say dem boys hab otter jobs and not have enuff time to work at da club fact right now savitz coachin dem jakets up how can my man do both ifn i wuz you id be upset bout that

atl
K
goal kick
goal kick
K
Belligerent:

I re-read your post. Clueless was not meant as a personal jab but at face value in that most SSC folks seems in the dark about what's going on. Wrong choice of words in the mix of all the exchanges. I'm not on this site to take shots at folks like some posts.

H
goal
goal
H
So, no one knows the details of the agreement nor whom the agreement is between?

kick off
kick off
I could be wrong, but what I'm reading between the lines and from parents I've talked to, is that SSC felt CESA was a better opportunity to change the club to a professionally run club vs a parent run club. More of a clean cut than a dis to BFA??? My personal opinion is they are throwing the baby out with the bath water.

I'm also hearing the parents want a venue for their challenge players, but they aren't willing to drive past their hometown fields to DI or JI to practice. The MPSC players don't want to drive to SSC. It's my understanding from challenge level players from other states, that's its nothing to drive 1-3 hours to play on competitive teams.
So do we want more competitive soccer in the lowcountry or don't we?

Are the lowcountry players who are currently driving to CESA Greenville going to give SSC-CESA a try?

BFA with the help of fields from SSC, JI and Battery was a great choice for the local challenge player. BFA has the US Academy teams, state champions, tournament champions and some very competitive teams and great coaches. Hopefully, BFA can secure more fields to replace SSC fields.

Too bad all clubs couldn't put their differences aside to give the challenge players from their hometown clubs a more competitive place to play. There's plenty of players that don't want to play challenge soccer and younger age groups for soccer to remain a money maker for the individual clubs.

I was hoping for a more united lowcountry so the challenge pool was not so diluted. Instead, we get yet another club to dilute the player pool. I'm not saying SSC doesn't have the right to do as they please at all. I'm just saying that like little johnny, I'm not getting what I wanted and my dad's not here to make it better!

goal
goal
kickinit70,

No problem. You are correct; people can be pretty vicious around here. I've never really understood it myself.

And absolutely no apology is necessary. Sometimes I just get a little sensitive when people like Mr Murray constantly berate and belittle me.

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
soccerislife - you don't like wal-mart?

rabbit - was that the acapella version?

galaxy –you obviously got the extra credit question correct. i tried to present facts. maybe there was some sarcasm and opinions in there. but i will try it again – lecture format.

1. staff – this is really fairly simple, isn’t it? Having full-time staff dedicating their time to a profession will result in a better product and results. cesa has directors and coaches whose profession is club soccer. nobody said anything about columbia nor charleston not having quality coaches, because there are good coaches there. i also didn't perceive anything about cufc coaches being pe coaches - the reality is that a cufc doc is a pe teacher.
2. results - can’t believe this is even a debate. 34 or 35 championships hardly suggests anything other than a quality, comprehensive product – club, staff, players.
3. out of town players - i think rabbit summed it up by pointing out that for years columbia was able to attract a lot of out of town players. so now that cesa is getting these players, this isn't accepted? what people may not know is that a lot more players and parents contact cesa than the other way around.
4. player development – surely you don’t really think that cesa doesn’t develop players? What do attribute the attraction for out of town players to? Why do they choose to come to cesa?
4. cesa is how old? cesa is almost 4 years old. Cufc is almost 2 years old. I thought you would catch the sarcasm there. The point here is that many folks act as if cesa is the old timer. The margin in results is far greater than that of years in existence.

Loc Dog #99524 04/15/08 02:37 PM
S
coach
coach
S
>>[HappyDaddy] After reading the press release from SSC, I am not clear on whether there is a relationship being formed between SSC and CESA or whether SSC is "hiring" Tormey and Hyslop as consultants. The implication in the release seems to more strongly suggest the latter. Can any SSC person clarify that?<<

>>[HappyDaddy] What exactly is the agreement with Tormey and Hyslop? Is it with them or with CESA?<<

>>[HappyDaddy] RM - do you know the answer to my question?<<

>>[HappyDaddy] So, no one knows the details of the agreement nor whom the agreement is between? <<

From the Summerville Soccer Club Press Release, April 14, 2008 (Summerville, South Carolina):

[...] The committee has made the decision to accelerate our progress by reaching out to Pearse Tormey and Andrew Hyslop to provide the overall club management of SSC. [...]

Seems pretty clear to me that the agreement is between Tormey/Hyslop and SSC.

The SCYSA has banned agreements among other clubs, unless they are grandfathered into something called an "alliance." If you remember, a parent from a midlands club filed a number of complaints against CESA, CESA-Columbia, CRSA, and possibly others that led to a ruling that partnerships between clubs was not allowed (although strangely alliances were allowed -- and there was conveniently never a ruling regarding what the difference was between a partnership and an alliance.)

I doubt that the leadership of CESA or SSC would be so stupid as to forget all of this and enter into a club-to-club agreement of any kind that could be subject to yet more complaints being written and more capricious and arbitrary rulings by affiliating bodies. But that's just my opinion...

G
throw in
throw in
G
Kickinit70 and Belligerent, I hope your Oprah moment comes to a close. Please hug and kiss and get it over with.

Belligerent-

Mr.Murray is mean and I will demand he stops berating and belittling you.

He thought someone who coaches at the college level could handle it. Go Cougs.

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
I got the impression from his previous posts that he's a club parent and/or coach in the Lowcountry, not a college coach. Either way, the SSC debate continues.

Page 13 of 33 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard