CESA does not use rear view mirrors.

atl
Belligerent #99538 04/15/08 04:32 PM
B
goal
goal
B
soccerislife,

Thank you. I understand your position better.

Bear #99539 04/15/08 04:40 PM
goal
goal
Loc Dog,

You are making many assumptions, none of which are necessarily as simple as you might make them out to be.

1. You say "Having full-time staff dedicating their time to a profession will result in a better product and results."

-- Having full-time staff dedicating their time to a profession SHOULD result in a better product and results, but you have ignored so many factors here, I don't even know where to start. So I won't.

2. You say "i also didn't perceive anything about cufc coaches being pe coaches - the reality is that a cufc doc is a pe teacher."

-- I can only guess that you either meant to say "i also didn't infer anything" or "i also didn't suggest anything," but who knows. Whichever it is, you made the statement. You must have been trying to make a point. So, what IS your point?

3. You say "results - can’t believe this is even a debate…"

-- You are trying to compare CESA, which may have only been in existence for a fairly short time, but was previously made up of two of the largest and most successful clubs in the state. Those two clubs were already successful – it would only make sense that combining them would make them at least as successful, if not more so. I won't even try to compare that scenario with the Columbia area, but I believe it is still somewhat akin to comparing apples and oranges. If all you want to do is look at the numbers, fine. But the numbers do not tell the whole story, and as such, cannot be used by any reasonable person to claim a superior product of one over the other.

4(a?). You say "Why do they choose to come to cesa?"

-- Again, you seem to be very narrow-minded in your reasoning for why players go to CESA. Of course CESA develops players, but there are SO many other reasons why people travel to play there.

4(b?). You say "many folks act as if cesa is the old timer. The margin in results is far greater than that of years in existence."

-- As I mentioned above, you seem to be ignoring the fact that CESA is made up of two large soccer programs that were very successful BEFORE they merged. They ARE the old timers. Consider that, and your margins grow vastly smaller.

Belligerent #99540 04/15/08 05:14 PM
H
goal
goal
H
Quote:

Are you wanting to see the actual contract between the parties involved?

No. As I said, I'm just curious as to what services they are going to provide, and what, if any, relationship there will be with CESA. No one seems to know the answer, or if they do, they haven't posted it. No biggie.

Belligerent #99541 04/15/08 05:16 PM
G
bench
bench
G
B rabbit,

Thank you for showing your ignorance. Anyone who would be upset with Phil Sazitz as a DOC or coach is clueless. I guess in the upstate, coaches can only do one thing at a time. Is that what you are saying? Thank God we have a guy like Phil who can actually do more than one thing at a time. He makes a positive impact on the Club, coaches, his High School kids and the community at large. I might start worrying though about Pearce and Andrew, if anyone was spreading themselves thin throughout the State...

Belligerent #99542 04/15/08 05:18 PM
B
kick off
kick off
B
Belligerent,
Respectfully. Wasn't CUFC formed by two large clubs? Though they did not have the same success as GFC and St. Giles, I don't think that the number of registered players was totally disproportionate. You may be right that there are apples and oranges here but I don't think they are totally out of whack.

atl
Belligerent #99543 04/15/08 05:24 PM
L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Belligerent,
I was actually addressing Galaxy's questions/comments. But, whatever. Since your chest is out now, I will give it a shot.

I used "perceive" because that is what I was accused of doing.

As for your comments:
* yes, cesa should and does expect to get results, i.e. development, titles, premier league slots, regional performance, etc.
* no denying that st giles and gfc were very successful prior to the merger. the same can't be said for necsa and csc?
* why does one have to qualify the successes of cesa? why can't "it is what it is" be enough?
* why is this not a fair comparison? on one hand, the gap is closing. on the other, it is not a fair comparison? i guess i am unreasonable and narrow-minded.

Big Boi #99544 04/15/08 05:32 PM
B
kick off
kick off
B
Galaxy,
Phil Savitz does do a lot for soccer in Columbia.I understand this. But again, his time is divided between coaching high school, teaching school, and being a DOC of one of the largest clubs in the state. I admire his multitasking ability but regardless of what you say this takes time away from his club duties. This is in no way a knock on him. It simply is what it is.

I apologize for my ignorance.I didn't mean to hurt your feelings man. Hanging out at 8 mile with Cheddar Bob slows me down. I'm done with this. I'm going to the Briar patch to read "The Emperor's New Clothes."

atl
Big Boi #99545 04/15/08 05:56 PM
goal
goal
Quote:

CESA does not use rear view mirrors.

-- B-Rabbit, I like that.

HappyDaddy, I was just wondering why you seem to keep pushing the question about the "agreement" between CESA and SSC. I believe it has only happened in just the last day or two. I have heard they are still working on details. Might be a little while before anything else comes out. Agreed - no biggie.

B-Rabbit, I have never looked at the numbers, but I don't believe that the clubs forming CUFC were nearly as large NOR as successful as St. Giles and GFC. Just my opinion (Where is Chico when you need him?) Again, not having actual numbers, I believe the difference between the size and success of the two (or four) is large enough as to make a "valid" comparison impossible.

Loc Dog, okay I guess you missed what I was trying to say there. You say that a dedicated staff WILL get results. What I'm saying is there is no guarantee that having a dedicated staff will provide results, only that it should, in theory.

And, same thing that I mentioned to B-Rabbit above - I don't believe that necsa and csc ever had quite the same success that St. Giles and GFC did.

"why does one have to qualify the successes of cesa" Because it isn't necessarily what it appears to be. I could write an entire paper on the reasons, but I don't think ANYONE wants that. There are just WAY too many reasons behind the success of one and the limited success of the other to make a blank statement like you have.

I could have also commented on the "closing gap" remark, but I chose not to. Your assumptions have kept me busy enough as it is.

And (see your last sentence) it's nice to see we finally agree on something.

Belligerent #99546 04/15/08 06:05 PM
L
corner kick
corner kick
L
cesa = advantaged, recruiting / not coaching, should win everything

clubs not named cesa = disadvantaged, life outside of soccer, no expectations

belligerent - am i closer to seeing things your way?

Page 15 of 33 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard