Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 33 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 32 33
HappyDaddy #99557 04/15/08 06:47 PM
H
brace
brace
H

Already at an outstanding club - but thanks for caring.

dont take it as caring.but i do wonder if you regret the bad mouthing you gave cesa over the combine and you not attending.

Hard Headed #99558 04/15/08 06:53 PM
W
throw in
throw in
W
From another movie "Can't we all just get along?"

WandoFan #99559 04/15/08 07:04 PM
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
from a beer comercial....
"I love you man!!!""

Shibumi #99560 04/15/08 07:06 PM
H
goal
goal
H
Quote:

HappyDaddy: Do you know Barack Obama personally? I'm just wondering -- because he seemed to have you in mind when talking about folks being bitter.

What exactly have I said here that makes you think I'm bitter about something? I've certainly not suggested that there is anything improper or in any way untoward about what SSC or Tormey and Hyslop are doing. I have no reason to think so. I hope SSC does well, as I do all clubs in SC. All I have done is ask for some clarification on the issue about which this thread was begun. Why so sensitive?

Jim Morrison

Why would I have gone to the combine? I'm 50 years old and have a bad knee. You can cherrypick my comments all you like, but the fact remains that I did not criticize CESA for putting on the combine. I complimented them for doing it. I have had one, and only one, criticism of CESA - what I consider to be its occasionally overzealous recruiting. I expressed my hope that they would not use the combine as an opportunity to recruit players from other clubs. That's it. In all other respects I have expressed my admiration and respect for what they do for youth soccer in SC and for the results they've attained in state cups.

WandoFan #99561 04/15/08 07:16 PM
B
kick off
kick off
B
Belligerent,
Forget about the names CESA,CUFC, Bridge, tormey, hyslop,sivitz, and miller.
Now, you are looking for a place for your kid to play. Would you gravitate to a club where the two DOC's full time jobs are just soccer or to a club where the doc's time is split with other responsibilities. This is an unenlightened analogy but when I see a doctor I don't expect to see him selling used cars the next day.

Maybe I am the unenlightened one here, but if we look at the enlightened clubs of the world- CASL,Texans, Concorde, etc...- their doc's have one job- soccer. I really can't make that any simpler. You can come back with quotes from Naploeon, Spaceballs, Fast Times,or whatever but I'm done.If you're happy where you're at God Bless You and best of luck.

Last edited by B-Rabbit; 04/15/08 07:19 PM.

atl
HappyDaddy #99562 04/15/08 07:58 PM
H
brace
brace
H
Jim Morrison

Why would I have gone to the combine? I'm 50 years old and have a bad knee. You can cherrypick my comments all you like, but the fact remains that I did not criticize CESA for putting on the combine. I complimented them for doing it. I have had one, and only one, criticism of CESA - what I consider to be its occasionally overzealous recruiting. I expressed my hope that they would not use the combine as an opportunity to recruit players from other clubs. That's it. In all other respects I have expressed my admiration and respect for what they do for youth soccer in SC and for the results they've attained in state cups.

the cut off was 51.
i will have to go back to the thread on the combine. if i remember right you had a problem with cesa recruiting and you made it sound like cesa was using the combine to do so.

Last edited by Jim Morrison; 04/15/08 10:49 PM.
Hard Headed #99563 04/15/08 09:31 PM
S
bench
bench
S
the academy program for next year, does this mean CESA may participate? the bulk of the players on the academy were from ssc anyhow

i can't see bridge fa having the numbers next year and US club will want representation from sc / 2 teams / anybody know if CESA has explored this?

goal kick
goal kick
Funny, I've observed CESA Columbia first hand as well, and I haven't seen any of this so called "recruiting" going on. There are some Columbia players who play for CESA Greenville, but I don't believe they came off of CESA-Columbia teams. Then again, I guess those Columbia kids have suffered from the "inferior" coaching. Keep hacking away guys....

LeGrazie #99565 04/16/08 02:25 AM
goal
goal
Happydaddy, you say “Because the "title" of the thread is "SSC to be taken over by CESA."”

-- The thread "SSC to be taken over by CESA" was started by someone with the screen name APE, and you took him/her at his/her word? I don’t really think I need to comment further.

Loc dog, you say “look belligerent, a successful high school savitz may be, but a better club doc than hyslop or tormey is plain ridiculous.”

-- 1) savitz is not a high school, never has been a high school, and I’m willing to bet that he never will be a high school. For you to say he is a high school, even giving him credit for being a successful high school, as nice as that was, YOU are the ridiculous one.

b) I refer back to my earlier comment that you are probably the parent of a child who was “unfairly” cut from the Irmo varsity team. You didn’t deny this, nor even comment on – I’ll leave it at that.

III) I never said he was a better doc.

b-rabbit, you say “Would you gravitate to a club where the two DOC's full time jobs are just soccer or to a club where the doc's time is split with other responsibilities.”

-- To answer that question properly, you need to be a little more specific. Nevermind, this all appears to be over your head, so I’ll do my best to help you out.

IF I was the type person who only cared about perception and fancy advertising, sure, I’ll agree with you here; go for the club that has two docs who have full time jobs.

But, as it turns out, every now and then, there is more to the story than meets the eye. Heck, now I’ve gotten you, loc dog and happy ending all mixed up. Either that, or you’re ALL making insane assumptions today. Well, at least you are…

Belligerent #99566 04/16/08 12:14 PM
T
Throw In
Throw In
T
Holy Crap! Jim Morrison!!! You're the man, Jim. I didn't know you moved to SC and you care about soccer. I'm just glad to be a part of this. I have to say, Jim, the Doors are my favorite band of all time. "When the Music's Over," "Not to Touch the Earth," & "Five to One": man, I love those songs. I wish "The Spy" got a little more credit. I would say that "Soft Parade" is my favorite song but I don't like the way it starts - I personally believe you CAN petition the Lord in prayer. Maybe you were trying to make a statement about organized religion. Let me know.
From the blue bus - TR
PS. You should have put your location as Africa. Maybe you should change it.

Page 17 of 33 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard