Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 33 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 32 33
G
bench
bench
G
Interesing edit, but not necessary if it was meant for me. In the spirit of collegiality, I don't think we will see eye to eye on this one, and I would guess we both have our own interests and skewed perspectives. I certainly do not buy into the CESA "brand", and it appears you have stock in them...

S
coach
coach
S
galaxy9: Perhaps if you could point out, with evidence, where my perspective is skewed I could learn from you. I say this in all honesty. What I've tried to do here is illustrate as best I can why I believe what I believe. I could clearly be in error; however, what I need to understand my error is some type of logical and consistent framework. It could well be that you've provided it and I've stupidly missed it; but given the other posts I don't think I'm necessarily alone in that.

G
bench
bench
G
Okay, if you could respond to this point it would help me. I know of a certain age group right now where CESA is recruting about five kids for a team. I am not gettting into violations or anything, so don't get in that. It is word of mouth from a coach to a player to players. It will result in phone calls when appropriate as has happened in the past. Very simply..if these kids stayed with their club, they would likely be the favorite for State Cup, if not they would be right there in the finals. If they go to CESA, obviously, they will win hands down. This is my question and honest perspective. Did CESA do anything to develop these players while they will take credit if they win it all? Follow up, why is CESA pressing for players when they have a brand and program that is superior to everyone elses? This is where I think you are wrong, and it is subjective so we can argue all day. I believe CESA has been succesful because they have persuaded the best players at other clubs to play for them. Great job for CESA, but you have to admit that it is the talent they get more than the training they get (at least equally important). If you disagree with me there, we will have to agree to disagree.

O
throw in
throw in
O
This is just my perspective.

Context: I lived in Summerville until I was 18. Played soccer at SSC the first year it existed, attended Pinewood through middle school, graduated from Summerville High and left town not looking back. Much to my surprise, moved back to town when I turned 30 to raise my kids in an environment like the one I was raised in. My kids go to Pinewood and play at SSC.

From what I can tell, a lot of parents support the concept of the CESA system and have no problem hiring consultants/managers to help them implement it even if they are from Greenville (a joke - sort of). They are not all that interested in losing their own "brand" of Summerville Soccer Club. They certainly aren't interested in being branded anything-Charleston. They don't live in Charleston and aren't interested in pretending that they do. Summerville (at least to those that have been here a while) is a distinct community with its own identity. Part of that identity is overachieving in athletic competition. We do have a bit of a chip on our collective shoulders about that - its part of our identity.

I understand that the CESA managers are forcing ONE up-or- down vote on ALL of the proposed changes. If that's the case, I think they know a lot less about politics than they do soccer. Keep SSC colors and call it SSC d/b/a CESA-Summerville, the changes probably pass. Force Greenville colors and a Charleston name down our throats, I doubt they will pass.

Yes, we are that parochial. That's part of why we fight so hard on the field, the gridiron and (recently anyway) on the hardcourt. We want to beat you. And if you are from Charleston or Greenville, we really, really want to beat you.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I went to check out the tryouts last night at SSC..I could count at least three or four coaches from CESA..They helped out with the current SSC coaches..Andrew was talking to parents and answering any questions they had..He also ran tryouts for some of the age groups..Tents and tables were set up at each field..And it looked as if the fields were closely mowed that morning..Very organized group and a whole lot of touches on the ball..

I
goal
goal
I
Quote:

It is one of three things driving this. The SSC is really trying to get better and are asking a successful club for help to get better organized. Or for volunteers to get away from work, or for someone to make money. Simple...

Money trails are easy to follow... that will probably be where the truth lies...

I stick by what I said, several pages ago. I hope the Summerville folks vote for their own heritage.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Nothing wrong with having pride in something..I totally agree with your comments oldskool..
Let's just not let stubborn pride get in the way of doing something for all kids at SSC..Alot of parents are concerned with their team or their coach..We need to take care of the whole club for this is what has gotten us in to this situation

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Money trails could be followed before CESA showed up..That does no change anything...We are ALL responsible for creating this monster we call competitive soccer

I
goal
goal
I
true, Do you know the difference in cost between Summerville, and CESA Greenville?

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

true, Do you know the difference in cost between Summerville, and CESA Greenville?

not sure of the difference but with my daughter at the age of only playing half a year it cost about 900 at cesa homebase.that is for club and team fees.im not counting gas,motels, food,etc...

Page 25 of 33 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard