Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 30 of 33 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 33
goal
goal
For what it's worth . . . MY heroes have always been cowboys . . .

. . . but . . . for Mr Murray and ONLY for Mr Murray, I WOULD make an exception to that general rule of mine, if not for the insurmountable hurdle I have in accepting as a hero someone who is barely 4ft tall. I can only hope the little fella will hit a growth spurt soon.

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
Quote:

here is something that i just rememberd. i only know a handful of people at coulumbia united.i do not know any coaches or anyone else in charge.we live 1 hr from columbia.2 days ago my rising u-13 got a nice card with her name on it advertising cufc tryouts and telling a little about the club.im sure they get names from cufc tournys or other rosters and i am sure alot of other kids get them also.our season is over and i am not saying something is wrong in what they did.actually i see nothing at all wrong with it and i think it is smart.my question is what is the difference between what cufc is doing and all the things people complain about cesa for doing? maybe it has just been cesa bashing week.

My children have gotten, within the last two weeks, same type of cards from CUFC, CESA, Lexington SC, Bridge and YMCA. Seems they all do it.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
My daughter has received several out-of state cards...now how did she get on those lists?

Goal
Goal
Probably from tourney lists or paying for the lists from SCYSA.

Victory Starts Here!
goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

For what it's worth . . . MY heroes have always been cowboys . . .

. . . but . . . for Mr Murray and ONLY for Mr Murray, I WOULD make an exception to that general rule of mine, if not for the insurmountable hurdle I have in accepting as a hero someone who is barely 4ft tall. I can only hope the little fella will hit a growth spurt soon.

Belligerent-

Mr Murray wields a mighty sword in the Soccer World. He has already started to influence the Varsity cut list for next year and it is not in your favor. Good Luck playing in Georgetown in 2009.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Ronnies heroes are also cowboys...so you guys have something in common.....are you the one that he watches Brokeback Mountain with when he is feeling down and out?

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Quote:

what is illegal about the american way is that free enterprise monopoly that the oil gods have on us. i bet the gas price will be more of a factor on where kids play rather than the name of the club.
i watch a group of so called experts on tv last and they said nothing has changed as far as the demand for oil since last year.they all said a barrel of oil should be 80 to 90 dollars a barrel.they all agreed there is no reason for the high price.BUSH!!!!

Not to get too political but don't you think that the democratic congress and the environmental wackos keeping us from drilling for oil in ANWR(15 billion barrels), the Dakotas (200 billion barrels) and the Gulf of Mexico (15-50 billion barrels) has something to do with oil prices. The same thing happened with Carter and oil stayed high and gas lines of hours existed until Reagen started exploration again. Then oil fell to $10/barrel. Don't see how Bush fits into this.

goal kick
goal kick
Hmmmmmm, Nope, Never mind, No comment, he is a pretty good shot. Good Luck Coach Allen, this one is all yours.

B
goal
goal
B
But being a good shot is like golf where good is a relative term. Compared to someone who can't hit the broad side of the barn, yes he's a good shot.

O
throw in
throw in
O
I notice that the proposed Constitution changes now have the name change as "Summerville Soccer Club doing business as Carolina Elite Soccer Academy of Summerville." It appears CESA has abandoned turning SSC into CESA-Charleston.

Just my 1.5 cents worth: if CESA will give up on turning SSC colors into CESA colors, they just might get their more substantive proposals (smaller, easier to manage board, sponsors) enacted. There is no question that Andrew Fleming has made a very favorable impression with many SSC parents as the new CESA-installed DOC at SSC. But I just don't think there's is anything Andrew can say or do to convince folks to change the club colors. It may seem trivial, but if CESA would stop to consider the blood, sweat and tears that have been shed in blue and white over the last 27 years , they ought to understand.

Personally, I have no problem with SSC "doing business as" CESA-Summerville. I have no problem with a smaller, more manageable Board. I may have some issues with giving membership priveleges (i.e., votes) to sponsors, but I could be flexible on that issue. I am not flexible on changing the colors and I really don't think too many folks who have worn those colors will be either.

And now back to worshiping or mocking Ronnie Murray (you pick).

Page 30 of 33 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard