Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
G
bench
bench
G
Well, looks like problem solved...Ill assume that also answers the question as to what Bridge has to offer in that age group. I would be very surprised if the Bridge U13 girls under their current coach with the players they have do not earn a premiere league spot. So, pretty impressive for U13, U14 and U15 Bridge girls. What more would you need for see that this is quality. "lowcountryvoice"...are you serious when you say, "I would hope you would be looking for more than just a state cup." Ummmm, to win a state cup you have to have some good coaching, good players and probably a little luck. I would say a state cup validates the quality of a team and age group to some degree...

A
bench
bench
A
Bridge U13 girls and CESA played a very competitive game. The games could have gone either way. Very good teams can fall apart for various reasons but most commonly it is the parents. I heard the bidge coach has been ill. Why not combine the teams to form a SC Power house??? Just a thought. SC could compete regionally under those conditions.

L
kick off
kick off
L
Quote:

Coach Z is holding practice...

Funny your team calendar has Clark as holding practice on Tuesday???? Maybe he is sick and maybe he isn't. The truth will come out over the next couple of weeks.

I just think that the low country girls program as a whole is in turmoil and it is not only the parents but club leadership and coaches in the area. This is not a new problem with numbers but maybe it is parents not wanting to travel to the clubs that offer services that thier child needs.

Good example of our girls programs in trouble is the MPSC U14G team. They tried to combined MPSC and Charleston United players together and just look at the results.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Clark holds a club wide practice on tuesday. Quit stirring the pot js.

Last edited by jonz; 04/28/08 10:02 PM.
L
kick off
kick off
L
Just trying to get to the bottom of this. Why all the secrets with your coach and number of girls for U13?

Let me give you a clue my last initial is "P".

I have been around the low country for a very long time and have seen the girl's programs come and go from different clubs. I just don't think the Bridge is supporting the girls program. It seems the same old just about the same as what he did at SSC. Good luck with your team and I will quit making comments about the U13G bridge team.

My points have been directed to get dialogue on the low country girls not just pick on U13G Bridge. But they are an easy target with so much information on their web site.

S
kick off
kick off
S

Good example of our girls programs in trouble is the MPSC U14G team. They tried to combined MPSC and Charleston United players together and just look at the results.

Please note that the MPSC U14 G is made up of some players who did not make the Bridge team and has a lot of players who moved up from Classic the previous season. Some of the CUSC players decided to play for the Bridge or their high school programs. I think if you look at scores and relate them to the fall season you will see that gap between them and other teams is closing and the players and team have developed. I am sorry that you look at two organizations working together to provide an opportunity for girls to develop as "trouble for the girls program," what a shame!

C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

Just trying to get to the bottom of this. Why all the secrets with your coach and number of girls for U13?

Let me give you a clue my last initial is "P".

I have been around the low country for a very long time and have seen the girl's programs come and go from different clubs. I just don't think the Bridge is supporting the girls program. It seems the same old just about the same as what he did at SSC. Good luck with your team and I will quit making comments about the U13G bridge team.

My points have been directed to get dialogue on the low country girls not just pick on U13G Bridge. But they are an easy target with so much information on their web site.

And suddenly I have the Rolling Stones' "Sympathy for the Devil" running through my head...

"I've been around for a long, long year...
Pleased to meet you; hope you guess my name!
(But what's puzzling you is the nature of my game...)"

I've got good news and bad news...
L
kick off
kick off
L
SoccerDOC,

I want to apologize for using the MPSC U14G team as an example to prove my point. I used their record as an indication for success without looking at the whole picture. I should have used them to illustrate how thinking out of the box can work for the community as a whole. With clubs struggling to put together competitive girl teams instead of creating new clubs we need to work together as MPSC and Charleston United have done with this U14G team. Why couldn’t SSC, James Island, MPSC and CUSC work together and make this happen before the creation of the Bridge and now the Daniel Island Academy?

As my daughters have gotten older they have lost the passion and drive to play soccer. There have been many reasons for this but I think the biggest reason was that their fiends from school did not play soccer and pulled them into other things. Both have found other interest that I support but wish they still had the passion for soccer. I would hope the soccer clubs in the low country could come together and nurture our young girl athletes at all levels in the near future before we continue to lose them to other interest.

Best of luck to all the girl teams in the Low Country and throughout South Carolina.

brace
brace
Lowcountryvoice -

How true. Our little girls turn into big girls, and that thrill of touching the ball when you are 4 turns into the first goal and then and then and then.

With two teenagers, and the influences they have upon them, when you add club soccer, parents with selfish motives, friends who don't play who don't want you to play, peers, coaches, refs, leagues, rules....

I am going back and coach a 5 year old team at the Y. With my teenage daughter.

C
kick off
kick off
C
hehehehe

I don't believe that "all is lost" where girls soccer in the lowcountry is concerned I know that there are still a dedicated few that will continue to work hard to build female soccer in the lowcountry and our state for that matter.

Hope for the best but always prepare for the worst.
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard