Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
But fellas when have to win today...I have seen boys that were turned down from the best team only to be picked up a year later..Why? Because they grew a foot and a half..They played the same game they were playing when they got turned down..

H
brace
brace
H

really the whole thing is almost a Joke. Go to ODP, you see a bunch of rich folks watching their kids. This one guy comes in a Mercedes mini bus deal

my daughter plays ODP and i drive a saturn.not all of us are rich.what are you driving?

I
goal
goal
I
Quote:

But fellas when have to win today...I have seen boys that were turned down from the best team only to be picked up a year later..Why? Because they grew a foot and a half..They played the same game they were playing when they got turned down..

?

All I was saying is we should train kids and never give up on them...
Overall I would say Europe is more savy when it comes to soccer, and the stats prove they just pick the most mature kid at a given age, and that training gets kids to the next level... but you lose the MJs, David Robinsons, and Tim Duncans

When it comes down to it, the best players learn on the street, and not in a system... Systems make kids mechanical, good, maybe very good, but mechanical... win now baby

We are starting to run a Dutch series where we just let the kids play... We train them during the week for skills and let them play on the weekends. We should have some very happy kids and some innovative players come from this. We will keep the coaches egos, and parents lust to live thru the kids away from the game. Give us Back our Game

I
goal
goal
I
for the record I drove a Taurus for 200,000 miles, its dead, the family van a nice one, has 130,000 miles and my convertiable has 80,000, and all my parts still work... no mid life crisis, just love a rag top

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Quote:

?

All I was saying is we should train kids and never give up on them...
Overall I would say Europe is more savy when it comes to soccer, and the stats prove they just pick the most mature kid at a given age, and that training gets kids to the next level... but you lose the MJs, David Robinsons, and Tim Duncans

When it comes down to it, the best players learn on the street, and not in a system... Systems make kids mechanical, good, maybe very good, but mechanical... win now baby

We are starting to run a Dutch series where we just let the kids play... We train them during the week for skills and let them play on the weekends. We should have some very happy kids and some innovative players come from this. We will keep the coaches egos, and parents lust to live thru the kids away from the game. Give us Back our Game

lets get back to the ODP and fancy cars or whatever.how do you get that odp is all rich people? you should see my little cars

H
brace
brace
H
you said odp was rich people.how??

I
goal
goal
I
if you can not pay you do not play... a true state team would not be that way... it is the best who can pay...

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

if you can not pay you do not play... a true state team would not be that way... it is the best who can pay...

i would agree that the system needs some adjusting but you pay for your kid to play club soccer dont you.if you do not pay you do not play there either. im not rich and i pay the money for my kid to play.she is not on the odp team just because i can pay.there are many girls on the odp team that you would be hard pressed to find a kid who did not make the team and was better than they are.i take offense to your statement about "the best that can pay".lets say mine and yours did not pay and lets see who gets to play.

I
goal
goal
I
you missed all the good stuff if you are hung up on the money thing. It is just part of the elite soccer scene.

How in the world do we as adults ignore the overwhelming data that shows we are the ones who are running kids away, and putting our desires and dreams on the kids? Remember the person who wrote we have to get the good 8 year olds together. There were some good points in what I wrote, the blessed Europeans have missed it for years... Go to Give Us Back Our Game and watch the video.

That is what I see when I watch our fields today. (Ours means all of the fields I see, yours, mine, everywhere) We have to quit pushing our kids too early... it is just wrong... "My kid has to play challenge""they need to train with the best" OMG - nobody can tell the best DA. Watching a match I saw 10 knee braces on two challenge teams at an MPSC tourney, keep on push, push, push, see what you get, blow back...

C
kick off
kick off
C
develop develop develop

Hope for the best but always prepare for the worst.
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard