Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
brace
brace
It's tough to be the king. I doubt if we put all the minds in one room, with a great mediator, if we could come up with a set of rules everyone would like or that would be perfect.

Continue with the attacks now.....

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
world cup
world cup
Are there any high school soccer coaches out there who would object to fixing points #1 and #2 from my post above?

I've always felt that we are in universal agreement on these points (at least #1)?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
brace
brace
Start polls on each item.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
B
bench
bench
B
At our school, after the teams shake hands, they gather in the middle of the field for prayer, then they go over and thank those who came to watch , home or away. Then the coach pulls them together and gives them a brief post game speech. Then they are free to go and talk to the fans and friends.

World Cup
World Cup
I would support these measures. Commentary below:

1. A "result" after every match, with tie games in the regular season going to PK's.

I strongly believe regular season games should end in ties. In the playoffs the current format of two 10-minute periods followed by two 5-minute sudden death and then penalty kicks is also fine with me.

2. State quarterfinal & semi-final matches played at home sites (determined by an asterisk), instead of on a neutral college campus.

This would be a great addition to the HSL playoffs in my opinion. Great suggestion. Basketball has already gone to the Semifinals at neutral sites.

T
Throw In
OP Offline
Throw In
T
We spent all last year trying to get #1 done only for the SCHSL to blow us off. Number 2 sounds great.

World Cup
World Cup
T. Robinson -- I agree about #1. However, the key is to get the Athletic Directors and Principals to support our cause -- not just the soccer coaches. Remember that we're dealing with a "if it works for football" mindset.

corner kick
corner kick
Doesn't football only play the finals on a neutral site?

Stewie- "Where did you graduate again, university of duhhhh?"
World Cup
World Cup
Doesn't football only play the finals on a neutral site?

No.

Basketball plays at the Colonial Center (USC). They also play the Upper State Championship at the BiLo Center in Greenville and the Lower State Championship at The Citadel.

Tennis is played at the Richland County Tennis Complex and next year will move to the Oak Grove complex in Lexington County.

Track championships are held at Spring Valley HS.

world cup
world cup
Kevin,

How about a motion for #3:

3. A sudden-death state playoff format, while softball and baseball enjoy the opportunity to "stub their toe" and still stay alive.

Conduct the state playoffs in a Group format, similar to how state cups or international qualifying is done. Eight groups with four teams play M-W-F. The following Monday you have eight teams remaining. Monday: quarterfinals, Wednesday: semi-finals, Friday: finals.

Playoffs are completed within the same time frame we have now. No brainer.

Kevin.....you may have to help AD's and football coaches understand the concept of "group play". I know it is a difficult concept to grasp. Once they understand this, you can teach them "Home & Home + Aggregate"!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Kevin Heise, Kyle Heise 

Link Copied to Clipboard