Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Throw In
OP Offline
Throw In
T
Hurst - Do you realize what kind of mess Kevin is going to have when all those football coach's heads explode?

C
Brace
Brace
C
DREAMING, nothing more then DREAMING!
not in this state Hurst. It seems simple to us, but they are not going to go for it. The less they have to deal with soccer the better. But we can Dream.

World Cup
World Cup
Kevin.....you may have to help AD's and football coaches understand the concept of "group play". I know it is a difficult concept to grasp. Once they understand this, you can teach them "Home & Home + Aggregate"!

Already working on it!

corner kick
corner kick
I think you misunderstood the question. If I am not mistaken, the only time that football plays on a neutral site are the finals.

corner kick
corner kick
If you have ever played football, you know that 2 days between games is not doable.

Stewie- "Where did you graduate again, university of duhhhh?"
World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Hurst - Do you realize what kind of mess Kevin is going to have when all those football coach's heads explode?

world cup
world cup
Is that the only way to get rid of the Summerville football coach?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Hurst,
Is there really such a thing as a "neutral" site? if you play at Winthrop or Manchester, it is a home game for region 4. if you play at clemson, region 2. I do agree that games should be played at "neutral" sites for one reason only, the condition of the field. It may not be neutral, but it will definately be in good condition. have the "neutral" site be close to the 4 #1 seeds. if you win through, you are still at home. i.e. in 4A girls, clemson for dorman, manchester for FM, etc. that way you are certain to have a great field for the final 8, etc.

"Boys, even if it means dying on the pitch, we must win!" Marc-Vivien Foe 1975 - 2003
brace
brace
Brazil?

St. Thomas would be nice.

There are no official regions or teams at Edisto, so I can offer a free site. We would need to build a field though.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
C
goal kick
goal kick
C
I like Hurst's idea but I'll point out that the baseball playoffs started last week in order to fit their playoff system in. Because of the early start date to their playoffs (and complications due to rainouts) baseball often plays four games in a week. Having played both high school soccer and baseball it's very obvious that the physical toll extracted from soccer is far greater and four games in one week would be grueling resulting in a drop in the level of play. For the same reason, I don't like the idea of playing the three most important games of the season all on one day's rest. Why not extend the playoffs a single week into the season and if need be readjust the number of games a team is allowed to play during the regular season (from 16 down to 14 + two tournaments?)

I'm all for eliminating #1, I see no problem with ties and in fact we've seen a couple matches end in ties this season without the total collapse of soccer as we know it!

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Kevin Heise, Kyle Heise 

Link Copied to Clipboard