Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#101923 04/23/08 06:10 PM
K
kickman Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
K
I've been uninvolved for a while, but I plan to make my annual 1A/2A playoff projections and suggest others do the same. Remember that these classes are seeded by committee like the NCAA basketball tourney, so its a little more fun then the larger classes. In preparation, the first issue I have noticed is that Indian Land got bumped from the rankings in favor of Blackville-Hilda while Governor's School moved up to 4. Why did this happen despite the fact that Indian Land did not lose that week, Indian Land has beaten Governor's School, and Blackville Hilda has no quality wins? Probably because someone was ticked off about Indian Land putting 20 on Great Falls and wanted to make a point. Whoever that is, please be consistent and knock Academic Magnet out for putting up 15 in a grudge match and 16 the same week Indian Land put up 20. If Academic Magnet is better than Indian Land than they should be able to hold their scores down and should be judged more harshly, not less harshly. Ultimately the decision made the rankings a joke, but don't worry I will soon correct it with my own rankings.

History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake.--James Joyce I don't care about history...cuz that's not where I wanna be--Joey Ramone
??? Offline
goal kick
goal kick
alright KICKMAN...lets see your projections buudy, im interested on what you think

K
kickman Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
K
Here it is for 1A:
Upperstate:
1. Southside Christian
2. Christ Church
3. Indian Land
4. Greenville Tech
5. Dixie
6. Landrum
7. Fox Creek
8. Great Falls
9. North
10. Ware Shoals
11. Lewisville
I don't think anyone will seriously challenge SSC or CC, although I wish there would be a playoff game involving GT and IL. SSC is for real this year, but I think nerves will undo them and CC will again prevail in the Upperstate Final.

Lowerstate:
1. Academic Magnet
2. Governor's School
3. Lincoln
4. Blackville-Hilda
5. Bamberg
6. Military Magnet
7. Branchville
8. Hardeeville
9. Scott's Branch
No one will come close to Academic Magnet, including in the state final. This is their year. Governor's School should handle any other 1A team. Teams 3-8 are pretty close. Lincoln has a terrible record with some bad losses, but if you just look at their 1A record they are still pretty solid at that level with the only losses being to AM that will beat every 1A team. Lincoln solidly beat Military Magnet who beat Branchville, and Lincoln beat BV twice with only one being close. Blackville-Hilda scraped by Branchville and then won in PKs for essentially a tie. BH barely beat Bamberg and could swap after their last meeting. Military Magnet may justifiably jump BH and Bamberg to 4 based on 1A competition with 2 wins over Branchville, but I don't think so. Hardeeville is an unknown with very few games posted. Overall, the playoff games not involving AM should all be good competitive games.

History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake.--James Joyce I don't care about history...cuz that's not where I wanna be--Joey Ramone
O
throw in
throw in
O
I assume that 1A and 2A combined in the boys bracket like the girls or are they seperated? How are the seedings determined?

N
bench
bench
N
kickman you sound like you play for AM by the way you talk about them

??? Offline
goal kick
goal kick
1A and 2A are seperated...it is interesting how the seeding works. 1A and 2A soccer is the only high school sport where seeding is like this. In this type of seeding, every game matters. Region is no more important than any other game. Because when the two best teams havnt played eachother, you have to look at their common opponents regardless of their region record. It is pretty cool. All classifications should be like this.

Goal
Goal
Actually, tennis is like this as well.

Sean Vick
Christ Church Soccer
??? Offline
goal kick
goal kick
Interesting, thank you for the insite on the subject coach Vick

S
Brace
Brace
S
Well, as for Hardeeville, they were unfortunate to get little amount of games, as they are a very good talented squad. had they had more games, could have shown some of the people what they have down there. I also agree that AM will probably get the whole thing. I will comment on 2A once you get your projections up

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
throw in
throw in
Just for your information -

The seeding lineup (who plays who) in the AA handbook is incorrect. I spoke with the AA President and the region representative, and both said that they are working to correct the lineup to be an accurate 1-16 bracket.

Actual seedings will be done on Friday, May 2 at 10:00 AM by one coach from each Region. The seeding criteria are: Overall Record, Head to Head Regular Season, and Strength of Schedule.

MUSTANGS are a Proud Breed! 2008 - This Is Our Year
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard