Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
goal kick
goal kick
haha if youre trying to compare Arneson to Osbounre, Arneson is going to come up very very short. Osboure is on a completly higher skill level

Im tired of chasin my dreams Im just goin to ask 'em where theyre goin and hook up with 'em later
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
1- probably one of the best high school games I have seen this year
2- BOTH goalkeepers were superb. You cannot take away from either the fact that they stepped up and performed when required.
3- Penalty kicks is a crappy way to lose a game like this one. I do not care who you are. It is time to change the logic in this state!!!
4- Region tiebreakers, I understood that if Lex won it would have been a coin toss. Since there is a home and away series it should include regulation time goal aggregate.

goal
goal
Saw Lexington play at Palmetto Cup. Their keeper is excellent. Might be the best in state. Who missed the PKs?

You may disagree, but you're wrong!
S
throw in
throw in
S
T Varney missed on Irmo's first attempt, followed by two saves by Irmo keeper. The rest were counted.

As for the Irmo keeper...remember, he is a SOPHOMORE...Osborne is a SENIOR. With age comes wisdom and maturity on the field.

Osborn is an amazing keeper and came up with some awesome saves last night. I believe he also had a muscle strain in the second half of regulation play. I don't know if that made any difference in the outcome, but BOTH keeps played great games.

Last edited by soccermrs; 04/25/08 07:32 PM.
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Actually Lex's goalkeeper was in crutches with a severe ankle sprain that require ice treatment all day. That was the reason he did not kick goal kicks during the game.

S
throw in
throw in
S
I hope he gets better soon. I assumed it was a muscle strain from the way he "ran" down the field after the first OT period. It was obvious he was injured. Prior to that, other than not taking his goal kicks....no one would have known. He obviously gives 100% no matter how bad he's hurting. Best of luck to him and the team in playoffs.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
And to your point, it did not make a difference in the outcome

goal kick
goal kick
I wasnt trying to bring the Irmo keeper down. I know he's a sohpomore. Ive been to three Irmo games and he looks like he will be a great senior keeper/captain

Last edited by ClimaCoolŪ; 04/25/08 04:18 PM.

Im tired of chasin my dreams Im just goin to ask 'em where theyre goin and hook up with 'em later
corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

what an awesome game, but i have to go off and praise Lexington's keep Tanner Osbourne. He made at least 6 or 7 amazing saves to keep the shut out. After watching tonight's performance and along with other great games, i'd say he could play at any college and its unbelieveable that no one has signed him yet.

Two very good teams playing last night and there were plenty of scouts in the stands. I'm sure they know your keepers situation. If he hasn't been actively recruited, I would suggest he contact the coaches at the schools he has an interest in. Talk to the coaches and seek an invite to practice with the team...then sell...sell...sell Good Luck Seniors!

??? Offline
goal kick
goal kick
I dont know about the Irmo goalkeeper but the lexington has on huge weakness(im not saying he is a bad keeper). I have only seen him at the Palmetto Cup(so he may have had a bad weekend) and there, every single goal he gave up was off of some type of cross or long throw-in. He is terrible out of the air.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard