Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
goal
OP Offline
goal
GUY RITCHIE should have renamed his latest movie “block, shot and two smoking strikers” - after filming a special footy advert for Nike.

The Lock Stock director has made a stunning new two minute blockbuster starring the likes of Cesc Fabregas, Wayne Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo, to be aired on ITV before Manchester United’s Champions League showdown on Tuesday.

Titled ‘Take it to the next level’, the ad follows the fortunes of an unknown teenager who is plucked from a youth team game by Arsene Wenger and ends up starring for Arsenal and Holland.

Using the latest technology, it is filmed from the players’ own perspective - allowing the viewer to cover every blade of glass, kick every ball and join in every goal celebration from the comfort of their own armchair.

Ritchie, who also made gangster films Snatch and Revolver, said: “This ad is essentially following the journey, the rise of a soccer superstar. It’s all done through the point of view of the player and is actually the largest advert I have ever filmed.

“The footballers we’ve been working with were very nice fellas. Cristiano Ronaldo was a particularly nice chap.

“Also Ruud Van Nistelroy played football with my son for 20 minutes which made my son very happy.

“So Ruud was a nice chap. They’ve all been very, very accommodating.”

United star Ronaldo, who smugly blows a kiss at the camera after scoring a wonder goal, said: “What keeps top players at the top is a player's continued will to be a better player - to always want to take their game to the next level.

“We all started at the beginning and we got to the next level by different ways of working and support - be it physically, technically, mentally or emotionally.”

Fabregas added: “I enjoyed filming the advert a great deal, especially because it’s all about football and this is what I like.

“There are incredible football players and they are very determined and I feel very privileged to have been involved with this commercial.

“In my own case, I was playing as a substitute and here and there trained with the first team with players like Henry, Pires, Bergkamp and all these players who make you grow. It was just an incredible experience for me.”

Watch The Sneak Peak!

Andrew Foley Head Coach Mens Soccer National University of Ireland, Maynooth
world cup
world cup
Very cool.

Thanks!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
goal kick
goal kick
best advert i have ever seen. i like the 3rd person view

"THERE IS ONLY 1 RONALDO"
goal
goal
That is awesome.

N
throw in
throw in
N
very cool. best one ive seen yet