Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
throw in
throw in
P
TRAVELER-- you cannot use goal difference, you would have teams running up the score against weaker teams.

brace
brace
Quote:

TRAVELER-- you cannot use goal difference, you would have teams running up the score against weaker teams.

Sure you could. Just use it in the two games that were split and max it out at a three goal limit per game. Many club tournaments use goal differential tiebreakers maxed at 3. It's not perfect but it's simple and better than the inconsistent and hidden system that is in place now.

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
4/30/08

Brookland-Cayce 5-4 Rock Hill
The Cage @ Cayce, SC
Halftime: BC 3-1 RH.
Goals: (BC) Eduardo Adam 8:22, (BC) Adam 9:28, (BC) Robby Setzler 21:12, (RH) Lyle McDaniel 32:40, (BC) Chris Pinner 51:12, (RH) Alex Robinson 57:05, (BC) Josh Davis 65:56, (RH) Hugo Arzaluz 70:00, (RH) McDaniel 76:08.
Assists: (BC) Christoph Holzwarth 2, Taylor Lewis 2; (RH) Fernando Gonzalez.
Saves: (BC) Chris Duzan 7; (RH) Tripp Spradley 5.
Corner Kicks: (BC) 2; (RH) 3.
Offsides: (BC) 5; (RH) 0.
Fouls: (BC) 13; (RH) 13.
Cautions: (RH) Matt Cascio 20:00, Christian Bono 51:22.
Officials: Rick Coker, Bill Harrison.
Weather: Clear, 70 Degrees.
Records: B-C (15-5-1); RH (11-6).

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Blackville-Hilda 1
@ Bamberg-Ehrhardt 2
pk's
Blackville-Hilda 3
Bamberg-Ehrhardt 5

N
throw in
throw in
N
BC vs RH game was a very sloppy game i thought. neither team impressed me at all. questionable call on a PK i might add. Best thing about the game may have just been that free kick by a BC player.

By the way, I thought there were 80minutes in a game? each half was stopped at least 2-3 minutes short. And this must have been the smallest field i have ever seen a game played on, i was actually excited about coming to see the cage..

But anyways, good win for BC, although, i feel like i deserve my money back after what seems to have been a shortened, and ugly game.

Rock Hill Soccer Fan
throw in
throw in
any score on the wa vs beaufort game??

C
goal kick
goal kick
C
In West Ashley tonight, Beaufort 2 and West Ashley 1. Very good game and both teams came to play. Good luck to WA and Coach J in the playoffs!

Last edited by Crabb; 05/01/08 03:54 AM.
S
Brace
Brace
S
@ Silver Bluff Field

Silver Bluff 2(1)-1(1) Ridgeland

Great game by both of these squads. I'm proud of our boys who went out there and played extremely great and made it tough for Silver Bluff to get the win.Enrique Buruca scored his 16th goal of the season for the Jags. Although we lost, it hows how much we've improved, being that we lost 10-1 earlier in the season. Great job by the Bulldogs, extremely classy and showed great sportsmanship throughout the game. Good luck to them in the playoffs

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
C
bench
bench
C
Quote:

Quote:

Sure you could. Just use it in the two games that were split and max it out at a three goal limit per game. Many club tournaments use goal differential tiebreakers maxed at 3. It's not perfect but it's simple and better than the inconsistent and hidden system that is in place now.

That is the most rational and brilliant thought I think I've ever heard. It's amazing that some regions still have a system that takes into account out of region games. Coaches of good teams are obviously going to try and schedule hard of out region teams and the system now punishes those teams. Say two teams split the regular season (win all other region games) and the scores are 1-0 and 1-4. Does the team getting beat 4-1 really deserve the top seed because they won more out of region games against a cupcake schedule? Seeding in the playoffs matters too much to be left up to a dumb tiebreaker like that.

T
bench
bench
T
Quote:

First it should be head to head and then go on goal difference, with more weight given to away goals, just like the Champions League.

Quote:

Quote:

Cornerflag,
Thanks for clarifying my thoughts.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard