Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
D
kick off
kick off
D
Quote:

Does someone want to go into detail on the Dreher vs Airport game?

Believe it or not, I think the sun played a role in the game.

In the first half, Airport's keeper faced the setting sun. Early in the half (9 - 10 minutes in), E. Sharpe scores on a high shot which I'm almost positive the keeper could have stopped if the sun had not been directly in her eyes.

Much later, DHS scores on a corner kick which was not handled well by the AHS defense. End of the 1st half, it's 2-0 Dreher.

Early in the 2nd half, AHS scores on a crossing shot.

For the rest of the game, DHS plays excellent defense when needed and attacks on offense for a suprising amount of time to hold on for the victory.

AHS played a very clean game. Kudos to their team, coaches, and supporters. A C Flora, please take note.

Last edited by Dreher Dad; 04/30/08 02:16 AM.

My player is retired now. She's matriculating at Boston University.
T
corner kick
corner kick
T
At Blythewood-- Senior Night---

Blythewood 4 Rock Hill 0

Goals by:
Senior Sara Graber
Senior Lindsay Taylor

Shut out recorded in the goal by Senior Mandy Brillhart

Goals also by
Brittany Moores
Alisha Mitchell

An extra special thanks to all the parents who came out tonight to give our seniors a great send off.

Thanks also to our special guests for coming down tonight as well.

tk

Tony King
brace
brace
Quote:

Blythewood 4 Rock Hill 0

Goals by:
Senior Sara Graber
Senior Lindsay Taylor

Goals also by
Brittany Moores
Alisha Mitchell

An extra special thanks to all the parents who came out tonight to give our seniors a great send off.

The special guests all said that when they die and go to heaven they want it to be Blythewood High School. I have never had, nor ever expect to have, players who get out and take pictures in front of another high school. Do you sell Blythewood t-shirts with a picture of the pond on them?

Well done, Blythewood. And what you did for your seniors on Senior Night was pretty cool. Very cool.

I told you this morning "I would see you soon." Probably didn't expect that soon.

tk

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Quote:

Blythewood 4 Rock Hill 0

Goals by:
Senior Sara Graber
Senior Lindsay Taylor

Goals also by
Brittany Moores
Alisha Mitchell

The special guests all said that when they die and go to heaven they want it to be Blythewood High School. I have never had, nor ever expect to have, players who get out and take pictures in front of another high school. Do you sell Blythewood t-shirts with a picture of the pond on them?

Well done, Blythewood. And what you did for your seniors on Senior Night was pretty cool. Very cool.

I told you this morning "I would see you soon." Probably didn't expect that soon.

tk

ROH,
did you drive all the way down there to pull for your old home town.

brace
brace
I did, but I ended up pulling for Blythewood. It's pretty easy.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

I did, but I ended up pulling for Blythewood. It's pretty easy.

a sure bet is always easy.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

@ Berkeley
Stratford 1
Berkeley 0

To borrow a line from the Stumpduck, "Dadburngummit." So close...! Great game played by the Lady Knights; we really had to step it up to come that close. Both teams should be proud of how they played. The one goal came off an unmarked back post runner who slipped one past the keeper as she was trying to adjust. Next year, Heusinger...next year! Berkeley ends a really fun regular season at 7-9, 8-10 including preseason...a team best. Good luck to the Stratford girls as we both head for the playoffs!

I've got good news and bad news...
brace
brace
Tony, you did blow it.

You forgot to introduce Demi (Moore) who was with us. She dressed like a math teacher at our school to avoid the paparazzi. She was really looking forward to getting to know you until she saw that "Happy Anniversary, Honey!" card on the BHS website and you skipped over her in your welcome.

She left immediately and went to check out the coaches at the Airport-Dreher game. That's not a good sign, Stumpd. Not a good sign.

Man, you must have major chips with the mamma now though. Like I always say, a bird in the hand is better than Demi Moore at the Airport-Dreher game any day.

Last edited by Retired, Old, and Happy; 04/30/08 03:02 AM.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Hey Coach Chass...

YUP!!! I do believe that one deserves a "Dadburn" with the side dish of "gummit!"

Was that you who said something about losses being 'measuring sticks' and getting the snot beat out of you? Looks like the stick is being whittled down bit-by-bit…...

tk

Tony King
C
Coach
Coach
C
Yep...we had a not-quite-ourselves night week before last and lost to Stratford 6-0 (partly because I gambled a bit at the end to try to get that elusive goal and it backfired) and posted a 1-0 match tonight...I'm proud of my girls for stepping up their game--big score difference in a week and a half!

(Now if we had just marked that back post, maybe we could have finished the job...agh, the little things!)

I've got good news and bad news...
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard