Sumter-0

'A ten-foot keeper really should have stopped that' -Ron Atkinson
C
Brace
Brace
C
Quote:

Quote:

Does someone want to go into detail on the Dreher vs Airport game?

Believe it or not, I think the sun played a role in the game.

In the first half, Airport's keeper faced the setting sun. Early in the half (9 - 10 minutes in), E. Sharpe scores on a high shot which I'm almost positive the keeper could have stopped if the sun had not been directly in her eyes.

Much later, DHS scores on a corner kick which was not handled well by the AHS defense. End of the 1st half, it's 2-0 Dreher.

1st goal was scored off a free kick--about 30-35 yards out by Ellison Sharpe.
2nd goal was scored off a free kick--a little closer, taken by Ellison...keeper dropped/bobbled it and a Dreher player toe poked it back in.

Congratulations to Dreher on their win as they outplayed us last night and good luck to them in the playoffs.

C
Brace
Brace
C
Quote:

Did one of Airport's coaches physically assault Allison after the game? Saw something a little awkward after the BC AHS match when one of their coaches pushed back the head of a BC player...strange.

Her name is Ellison not Allison--from Dreher. No coach from airport pushed a BC players head last Friday--that's just stupid. Physically assault Ellison...wow? You might need to edit your name to just Shut^.....

Last edited by CoachMorris; 04/30/08 02:03 PM.
Goal
Goal
I stand corrected about Ellison. However, the other part...surely you jest. I know what I saw. The BC player looked visably shaken. Maybe the two have some sort of a relationship off the field (coach, teacher, etc)? I don't know. I'm just saying it was a bit awkward.

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

I stand corrected about Ellison. However, the other part...surely you jest. I know what I saw. The BC player looked visably shaken. Maybe the two have some sort of a relationship off the field (coach, teacher, etc)? I don't know. I'm just saying it was a bit awkward.

Take your load of bull and get out of here. There's no place for your ridiculous account of fantasy and make believe on this side. You're a joke...

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Quote:

Take your load of bull and get out of here. There's no place for your ridiculous account of fantasy and make believe on this side. You're a joke...

dale jr i like his avatar better than yours.

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

dale jr i like his avatar better than yours.

That's the only thing he has going for him..bu yeah, I agree

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

That's about right except the corner kick at 2 minutes. It wasnt a corner kick, it was regular play down in the left corner. A Mauldin player followed the ball out about 3 feet outside the line according to all the Byrnes players in the area. She then kicked it back in and the ref was not in the area yet to see it. The Byrnes girls just all stopped and watched the Mauldin player kick the ball into the goal because they assumed it was dead. It was very odd. Nobody challenged her and even the keeper didnt attempt to get the ball. Bad assumption.

I didn't see the game, but why would all the Byrnes players just stop and watch a ball role in their goal? Are they not coached to play until this whistle blows? Also, why didn't anyone complain about such a bad no call, if it really happened this way?

Only time will tell
S
bench
bench
S
Quote:

Quote:

That's about right except the corner kick at 2 minutes. It wasnt a corner kick, it was regular play down in the left corner. A Mauldin player followed the ball out about 3 feet outside the line according to all the Byrnes players in the area. She then kicked it back in and the ref was not in the area yet to see it. The Byrnes girls just all stopped and watched the Mauldin player kick the ball into the goal because they assumed it was dead. It was very odd. Nobody challenged her and even the keeper didnt attempt to get the ball. Bad assumption.

I didn't see the game, but why would all the Byrnes players just stop and watch a ball role in their goal? Are they not coached to play until this whistle blows? Also, why didn't anyone complain about such a bad no call, if it really happened this way?

I did see the game, it all happened in the first minute of the game. I didn't see the ball go out of bounds and don't beleve it did, certainly there were no protests by Bryrnes players when both referees signaled a goal.

The Mauldin center forward got the ball near the left corner flag, dribbled around the Brynes defender between her and the goal line and then crossed the ball, a low hard cross.

The Byrnes Goalie moved out of her goal and stood on the line at the goal post between the corner flag and the goal She then appeared just to watch as the ball went by her along the ground and in play in the penalty area. Perhaps she just couldn't get to it. The ball hit the inside of the far post on the opposite side of the goal and bounced into the net. A strange goal.

The Byrnes penalty came from a fifty fifty ball in which the Byrnes player had the presence of mind to fall down when she was not in a position to score. Brynes were not very physical in the first half as they were in the earlier game, but made up for it in the second half. This contributed to the excellent Byrnes come back the made after being 3 goals down 5 minutes into the second half.

D
kick off
kick off
D
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Does someone want to go into detail on the Dreher vs Airport game?

Believe it or not, I think the sun played a role in the game.

In the first half, Airport's keeper faced the setting sun. Early in the half (9 - 10 minutes in), E. Sharpe scores on a high shot which I'm almost positive the keeper could have stopped if the sun had not been directly in her eyes.

Much later, DHS scores on a corner kick which was not handled well by the AHS defense. End of the 1st half, it's 2-0 Dreher.

1st goal was scored off a free kick--about 30-35 yards out by Ellison Sharpe.
2nd goal was scored off a free kick--a little closer, taken by Ellison...keeper dropped/bobbled it and a Dreher player toe poked it back in.

Congratulations to Dreher on their win as they outplayed us last night and good luck to them in the playoffs.

Thanks for your corrections. I guess I was still too shook up to be accurate. At least I got the score right.

My player is retired now. She's matriculating at Boston University.
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard