Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
brace
brace
In order to communicate better with these young, delightful people (with the excuses), I as a 56 year old have:

1) Made a sign that says "Cooper Run" and taken a picture of it with my cool camera phone so that I can send the picture to them when they give me the excuse; and

2) Have a permanent "draft" text message that says "Cooper Run - NOW" that I can send and they can receive.

As a "connected" dinosaur, I have unlimited text and pics, you see. Makes me feel young.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
S
bench
bench
S
How about the following: you don't come to practice, you don't start! Then, the player sits a predetermined length of time. Running is mighty effective, too.

D
kick off
kick off
D
Quote:

Quote:

FYI.

Dreher is looking at this as nothing more than an exhibition and a warm-up for the playoffs. Don't be surprised to see players playing other positions and a lot of the younger players getting lots of PT.

This is a classic example of a "pre-excuse". There are other derivations such as:

Best player hurt
Too many games in a row
Conflict with school functions
the weather will make the field unplayable...

Your assumption is correct, sir. I'll try not to be so transparent in the future.

My player is retired now. She's matriculating at Boston University.
D
kick off
kick off
D
Quote:

Quote:

Thanks to the Airport team, coaches and supporters for a clean game. AC Flora, please take notice.

DreherDad,

What an exciting game. Airport did not look as good as they did against BC last week. And it was one of the best played matches I've seen, referencing no cheap fouls or dirty play. By the way, did you see Flora's #7 hanging out at the end of the field, post game? She got out of there before fans and players started clearing out. That was same girl who punched Ellison in the face last week, and as I have heard pummeled an Airport player last year which earned her a suspension. What a classless act!

I had heard that she was suspended last year for the same kind of incident. If so, she is a troubled young person. I'd reserve 'classless' for those that allowed her to be on the field.

My player is retired now. She's matriculating at Boston University.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard