Next Thread
Print Thread
#104014 05/11/08 12:40 PM
F
Hat-Trick
OP Offline
Hat-Trick
F
I have enjoyed very much the discussions and comments and what not on this board. I think the Heise brothers have done a wonderful job with this whole system. I hope it continues to grow and help elevate the game in SC.

I am writing a farewell.

My next child will not have me around the High School boards for a couple of years and even then will be on the other side of the gender threads. Maybe if she decides to stick with it I will be back.

In the meantime I will LURK around (mostly club) and see what is going on. (No offense Lurker - I did not see a copyright on the name)

Shibumi, I enjoyed our discussions very much, heck I learned more English from you than school. Good luck to your daughter in college, she is a fine young lady and a heckuva player.

CornerFlag – my friend I will miss our upperstate talks I hope your boy does well in school and beyond. He is a good player I hope he sticks with it and maybe give back to the game in the future

To my boys (you know who you are), I could not be prouder of what you have accomplished (club and HS) and I look forward to see what the future will bring you.

Congratulations to the teams still in the hunt, all are worthy

To all stay safe and good luck in whatever endeavor you undertake.

Someone once said happiness is found in the journey not the destination. And it has been a wonderful, sometimes frustrating, journey one that continues as we speak.

So with that I have reached the stop where I must get off.

I no longer have a dog in the fight.

brace
brace
Unfortunately, I am in a similar situation like you as my dog has left this fight as well. For the first time in a very long time there are no soccer or football games to plan for. It's a strange feeling right now to realize that there are no more high school games coming up and that I actually will have to do something will all of this free time that I am going to have. I might actually have time to enjoy college football more in the fall. My younger child does not have the sports interest that my older one does so it is unlikely that I'll even make it to the other side of the board.

It truly is amazing how fast the high school years go. It doesn't seem like it was that long ago when I was reading this board and my son wasn't even a freshmen yet. I encourage all of you to stop every once in a while and just enjoy the atmosphere. It's easy to get caught up in negatives and issues that a player or team face, but it really doesn't get much better than watching your child on a warm spring night in a high school soccer game (or whatever sport they do).

Good luck to you and your son Futbol. He will do well at PC. My son will be wearing the Garnet and Black and spending his time watching to see if Spurrier can make a good football team outside the state of Florida.

Good luck to all players who are left in the playoffs and good luck to those going to college, or wherever their paths might take them.

Link Copied to Clipboard