Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
sakka Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
S
I went and watched the Dorman-Mauldin game and could not believe how ignorant a linesman was about the offside rule. This guy has no idea that a player can be in an offside position if he/she is not part of the play. His ignorance caused Dorman's equalizing goal to be disgarded. Later, when the ball was in the middle of the field close to the ref, he called offside on a player at least 20 yards away not involved in the play at all and sadly the main ref called the offside. It is very sad to have the outcome of a game decided by horrible calls. I sure hope that linesman and ref will not be chosen for the finals.

S
kick off
kick off
S
the ref that called the offsides was jack. jack is probably one of the best refs your going to get in high school sorry lad

corner kick
corner kick
That all sounds great except the ref had blown his whistle way before the tying goal was scored. Also, the second offside was called because a Dorman player came from an offside position and was the first player to touch the ball. Jack is one of the most experienced and respected refs in the state. I am sure he has a very good understanding of the offside rule.
Dorman has great team and should be very proud of their season. As I said in another post their downfall would be beating Mauldin twice (PK's) in the regular season.

Last edited by mavs soccer; 05/13/08 03:44 AM.

Only time will tell
J
JC Offline
bench
bench
J
SAKKA,

I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THE REFEREE TONITE IN THE DORMAN-MAULDIN MATCH NEVER JUDGED WHETHER OR NOT A PLAYER WAS GAINING AN ADVANTAGE FROM PLAYING SPACE NEARER THE GOAL SHE WAS ATTACKING THAN THE SECOND TO LAST DEFENDER ON THE OPPOSING TEAM.

THE ASSISTANTS WERE RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT JUDGEMENT SINCE THEY HAD A CLEARER SIGHT OF THAT IMAGINARY LINE.

IT WOULD BE IGNORANT FOR A CENTER TO MAKE THAT JUDGEMENT.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Sakka,

I think you would get an argument from the FM people that a bad call (see 50/50 tackle, foul called by AR, goal scored from free kick) may have cost them the game on Friday. Anyway, Mauldin is a great team as is Dorman. They should be proud for making the upperstate final (especially as competitive as the upstate is considering Lexington, FM Byrnes, Spartanburg, Clover, Hanna and probably a couple others probably could have made it that far) Two young and great strikers will be entertaining to watch for the next couple of years.

"Boys, even if it means dying on the pitch, we must win!" Marc-Vivien Foe 1975 - 2003
bench
bench
Well in the Airport Soc. guys game the AR called ofsides on the Soc. player when he went to trap it then it rolled out of bounds then the Center ref called the player not offsides because he said he didnt attempt to play it( only bad call the ref mad all night the rest were all good calls) which then on lead to Soc. throw in that lead to the game winning goal which shouldnt have been scored at that point because of the offsides call that should of been made so i feel you guys on the offsides calls.

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Sakka,

I think you would get an argument from the FM people that a bad call (see 50/50 tackle, foul called by AR, goal scored from free kick) may have cost them the game on Friday. Anyway, Mauldin is a great team as is Dorman. They should be proud for making the upperstate final (especially as competitive as the upstate is considering Lexington, FM Byrnes, Spartanburg, CLOVER, Hanna and probably a couple others probably could have made it that far) Two young and great strikers will be entertaining to watch for the next couple of years.

world cup
world cup
Did Jack also officiate the FM-Dorman game on Friday night, or was that "Don't Know Jack" who was reffing that game?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
World Cup
World Cup
I think he reffed the FM-Byrnes game

corner kick
corner kick
Jack was the AR last night.

Only time will tell
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard