Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
throw in
throw in
S
Hawk.... please see abouve would have been an even game if the ref hadn't spotted HHHS the first goal on a call just as bad as the goal taken away from RHS even game 2-2

I
goal
goal
I
I said it would have been closer, with as many bum calls that were made who could tell, HH had a better team, touch and passing, I said so, but it leaned toward HH by the guy with the whistle, thats all..., everyone else was at home hoping to be where, RHS, and HH were congrats to both

I was not pulling for either side, I was pulling for Woodruff and their kids. Just hung out to watch some good soccer which I got to see, but it was tainted, in the AAA match...

throw in
throw in
Great night of soccer at USC! I wanted to comment on the Mauldin fans and players - class acts from start to finish! Our players even noticed that some Mauldin fans clapped for Wando during the awards presentation. Again, a real pleasure to see a hard-fought, clean game by two pretty evenly matched teams. Mauldin has a VERY talented team, and they gave Wando a real run for the money. In light of some of the horrible fan conduct that I have witnessed this year (ex:marbles being thrown at our keepers head) I was just so impressed by the class shown by the Mauldin team and their fans.

goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

Papa Hatfield,
As I recall HH won by two goals, so even had Riverside converted that one goal they would have been down a goal at the end of the game. Furthermore, a hard penalty was missed by the ref when a HH player was double teamed and forced to the ground, had that been called there would have been no counter-attack. I just do not like how you say "hate to see games decided that way". Riverside was down two goals not one, so HH worked hard and deserved to win that game.

I'm not sure of the score at the time this happened. but a goal can swing momentum by a lot. even if riverside was still down by a goal, only being down by a goal is a lot easier to fight back from. you have more confidence in yourself as a player. seeing a goal get taken away can crush a team. i agree with papa

i wanna stay inside
goal kick
goal kick
I was at the AAA game and Hilton Head controlled the majority of the game. They strung passes together well overall and really looked somewhat organized. Although the ref did call back a goal, Riverside still would have lost. Well deserved HH!

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Quote:

I was at the AAA game and Hilton Head controlled the majority of the game. They strung passes together well overall and really looked somewhat organized. Although the ref did call back a goal, Riverside still would have lost. Well deserved HH!

Did Jacobs play at all for Riverside?

C
bench
bench
C
Congrats to Wando. I'm so glad there was no talk about extra player's and so forth. A well coached team with great talent. I wish the program all the best.
Mauldin, great season by going on the road and winning 3 tough games against highly ranked and talented opponents.Great coaching job Kevin.
In a previous post there was discussion on Lexington rebuilding. I agree, they graduate 10 seniors in which 8-9 started, However WE will do everything to keep the tradition alive of a highly competitive team. Moving to Region 5 with 8 teams (and yes 5 will make the playoffs)should be interesting. Again, well done coach Champ, very hard to repeat....

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
With the discussion of refs being brought up, does anyone know what ref districts these crews came from?

"Boys, even if it means dying on the pitch, we must win!" Marc-Vivien Foe 1975 - 2003
Goal
Goal
I saw the last two games yesterday.

The AAA game had terrible officiating. Match should have been 2-2 after Riversides #7 snaked her way through Hilton Head's defense late in the game. However, I felt the better team won as #17, #10, #21, and #13 were outstanding.

Nightcap was fun. Big crowd! Those Mauldin kids (not the players) are crazy! Highway cones? Football players in jerseys, a sea of orange. Wando looked to have the better play and is very strong in the back. I was impressed by #12, #4, and #15. The keeper is very athletic as well. Again, I thought the better team won, but Mauldin is to be commended for making it through the Upstate which seemed to have 5-6 teams capable of making it to Columbia.

Congrats to all on fine seasons and their Championships!

50th for a reason!
goal kick
goal kick
Yes, Jacobs played a good bit from what I could see

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard