Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
goal
goal
#31 is Shawn Ferguson.

As sG said, Northwestern loses one starter and gains Dennis. They remain at the same caliber while everyone else gets a little worse. Should be a great year.

Ans I hope NHS and Irmo meet again. That would be a game!!!

goal
goal
And yes, Shawn will be a senior next year.

Goal
Goal

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
N
throw in
throw in
N
NW got the worst region in the state region while SP and RH will have their hands full next year.

How did they decide where these three schools went?

Rock Hill Soccer Fan
C
bench
bench
C
I know it is wayyyy to early to start speculating, but why not go ahead and do it now while people are still on here before it dies in the off-season

I know this post won't be popular with the NW crowd.(please don't yell at me Bassett or Henry) As far as overall talent, NW may have the edge, but I think Irmo has the edge due to the match-ups. The only time I have seen Enzo struggle is when a quick yet physical defender is able to take him out of his rhythm. Against SV Enzo was allowed to run wild. If you watched the Irmo game, Enzo was close to inneffective the entire game. JUNIOR Kyle Hubbard man marked Enzo and allowed Irmo to dominate the game. (i know they didn't win bassett, it happens sometimes) Irmo's entire offensive firepower came from underclassmen that will be returning. Irmo needs to fill a small void in the back, but practically return the same team similiar to NW. Irmo also had two freshman who started most of the year who with a little time will both be All-state material.
IRMO in '09!

goal
goal
CLEMSONSOCCER07, YOU ARE A STUPID-.........just kidding.

To Enzo's credit, he played shocking in the Irmo game but Kyle Hubbard did do a great job marking him. He was ineffective the whole game. I just don't see Irmo beating Northwestern with arguably their two best players gone, Jugal and Daniel. I do think Z. Acree is sick nasty though.

And the regions are stupid. Why do they split up the three in town high schools and put them in a better region? I would of rather seen Northwestern in there with Spring Valley ut oh well.

Last edited by The Real Henry; 05/19/08 04:00 AM.
C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

dude you named 8 teams in one region that does not make sense.

Makes very little sense to a lot of us, but that seldom seems to stop things from becoming fact nonetheless.

Here's the link to the realigned regions.

http://www.schsl.org/2007/Realignment%202008-10.htm

I've got good news and bad news...
C
Coach
Coach
C
Eh, I really should read all the way through before replying...yes, someone beat me to it.

I've got good news and bad news...
W
goal kick
goal kick
W
lets do the math. irmo loses more players than northwestern, and according to many their 2 best players (see the real henry's comment above). northwestern gets a region pool player off of its bench. northwestern beat irmo at irmo and did not play its best. so explain to me how that adds up to an irmo victory next year? trojans all the way.

H
goal kick
goal kick
H
I think Emmett Lunceford, a rising sophmore at Irmo, is more than capable of replacing Jugal. He'll be a better ovearll player when he's a junior then Jugal was as a senior. He's a more balanced player then Jugal and should play a massive role in the Irmo midfield next year. Daniel should be harder to replace but Irmo's backs as a unit are very strong and very young and should be able to deal with the loss. Overall the reason many people are picking Irmo is simply off the fact that after watching this yearj playoff game against Northwestern, Irmo was the better team in a lot of peoples eyes and was just unlucky to win, which happens sometimes in soccer. Thats why many people are picking them for next season.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard