Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
bench
OP Offline
bench
C
This is my first real year of varsity HS soccer, so take it for what it's worth.

1). Congrats to all the State Champs and the runner-ups for a great season, they all looked deserving to me. What a great atmosphere at the graveyard, unfortunately I was at the baseball game, but you could see and hear the intensity of all the games. I heard more than one Gamecock fan say they didn't realize HS soccer was that big in this state, congratulations on a great day.

I really believe an all tournament pass (boys and girls) and being allowed to leave the games and come back in would be benificial to the entire weekend.

2). I was a little disappointed with the officiating at this level during the entire year. I saw way to many teams get away with way to many fouls and language, leading officials to let games get out of hand, as Barney Fife says "nip it". The main thing is consistancy, if your going to make bad calls, you have to make them both ways.

3). As far as realignment powers and I am a little partial, but if and it's a big if Blythewood can get a little stronger and faster and work on their ball control skills, they could make some noise in 4A. They lose three seniors and have some nice talent coming up. Should be fun to watch the upstarts compete with the big boys in 4A.

By the way, Bengals#11 that performance you gave in the Eastside game was in my opinion one of the best from a Blythewood player that I saw all year, great effort.

4). Let me start by saying I'm an avid reader of The State Newspaper and a graduate of Spring Valley, but in my opinion The State missed the boat by a mile on the coverage of the 4A final. The Cover mentions the losers with an SV picture, but not the winners and no real front page lead in article. The Soccer Championship page has a main picture of again the losers and the article titled SV's streak is dashed. I know SV is the local team, but I think The State did a disservice to NW's accomplishment. I mean this is The State Championship covered by The State Newspaper.

5). A definite "attaboy" to Dave Easley and also Kyle and Kevin Heise.

Thanks for your forum, hard work and support of SC Soccer, I have enjoyed the year.

corner kick
corner kick
Maybe you're a "Newbie", but you're already posting like a pro !

Welcome to the wonderful world of scsoccer

Link Copied to Clipboard