Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

I'm meeting with USC folks today to address these issues as well and hopefully we'll reach an understanding. Personally, I love having the state championships at USC. The only other venue in the state that I would support over a move from USC would be Blackbaud Stadium on Daniel Island and that's simply due to the fact that it is one of the premier soccer-specific stadiums in the country.

Blackbaud really is a nice facility; we've always enjoyed playing there in the preseason Rotary Classic. If the location of the championship was changed, it might be interesting to see if proximity becomes a factor, with more of the local coaches pitching in to help, or if it would still be the "same coaches every year." It might be a chance for some new faces to help out.

I've got good news and bad news...
goal
goal
Even their neighbors!!!!

A SHARK ATE ME YES THEY DESERVE TO DIE AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL
D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
Kyle,

First and foremost thank you for letting Brophy and myself be part of Championship Friday. You can count us in each year we don't make the state championship game.
I will never forget in 1996 the work coaches put in to make the state championship experience the greatest moment in their life time. I will never forget Steve Lea, Ron Johnson, Kyle, Kevin and many other coaches working so hard to make this the greatest event for our kids. I hope over the years we can continue to assist with the event so other players can experience that same 'magical' moment that we experienced. Kudos also to Drew McNeely, who has been working the event for years.
I also agree Columbia is a great enviornment for the state championship game and we need to do whatever it takes to keep it at USC.

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
Quote:

Kyle,

First and foremost thank you for letting Brophy and myself be part of Championship Friday. You can count us in each year we don't make the state championship game.
I will never forget in 2006 the work coaches put in to make the state championship experience the greatest moment in their life time. I will never forget Steve Lea, Ron Johnson, Kyle, Kevin and many other coaches working so hard to make this the greatest event for our kids. I hope over the years we can continue to assist with the event so other players can experience that same 'magical' moment that we experienced. Kudos also to Drew McNeely, who has been working the event for years.
I also agree Columbia is a great enviornment for the state championship game and we need to do whatever it takes to keep it at USC.

??? Offline
goal kick
goal kick
dale u are a joke...

brace
brace
Quote:

dale u are a joke...

What kind of comment is that? Do you have a clue that "Dale" was at the hospital with his wife this weekend having her checked for a life-altering illness (which she thankfully does not have)? Did you know that he has a young child that needed to be taken care of while all this was going on? That his wife's blood pressure went through an alarm stage and that they couldn't get it fixed?

I am getting tired of people slamming Dale for taking care of his wife and his family. If I get this right, he has been to numerous meetings for votes, team nominations, etc. over the years. He just got 100 wins this year (I think that's right but don't think he is on the 100 win board; should be). Cut a guy a little slack while he's taking care of his family, and don't read anything into his "comments" when he doesn't know if his wife's life is in danger or not. That's a little more important than soccer.

I guarantee you that if I know anything about Dale Jr. he would have been helping more than anyone this last weekend just like he has helped in the past. This is one of our experienced coaches, and he doesn't hide behind ???. He contributes, and he is respected.

Clean your act up, ??? or whatever you go by. You owe Dale an apology.

Rollie Sumwalt
Blue Ridge Girls' Soccer

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard