Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Please e-mail these to kyle@scsoccer.com to ensure they are posted in an accurate manner on the Scoreboard.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Emerald wins over Mid-Carolina 9-0 on Friday April 11th.

Chapin High School Boy's Varsity Soccer Assistant Coach South Carolina United FC Staff
W
goal
goal
W
Cardinal Newman 2
Wilson Hall 0

K
throw in
throw in
K
Riverside 9
Clinton 0

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
At North
Blackville-Hilda 8
North 2

6-1 at half

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
A.C. Flora 0-2 Chapin
Bolden Stadium @ Columbia, SC
Halftime: ACF 0-1 Chapin

S
Brace
Brace
S
@ Jasper County Stadium

Ridgeland 1(1)-2(2) Wade Hampton

Great match by both squads. Ridgeland couldn't get the ball in the net and Hampton's keep had some great saves. Good luck to Hampton the rest of the way. Enrique Buruca scored his 11th goal of the year

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
throw in
throw in
SV 5 South Pointe 0

D
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
D
Eastside 7
Union 0

David Craig
Eastside High School
Girls Varsity Soccer - Head Coach
FCA - Faculty Sponsor
throw in
throw in
Greenwood 4 @ Emerald 2

B
goal
goal
B
Pinewood - 8
James Island Christian - 1

throw in
throw in
Palmetto 7 - Abbeville 2
Monday, April 14, 6:00 PM at Palmetto High School
Light rain at start and 40 degrees; Slick field and ball

Goals: Palmetto - #1 F. Ignacio (2), #3 C. Scales, #8 D. Mahaffey, #10 H. Nino, #11 C. Whiten, #19 J. Herrmann; Abbeville - #8, #10 (Sorry No Roster)

Assists: Palmetto - #8 Mahaffey (2), #14 Roberts, #19 Herrmann

Good game in bad conditions. Both teams played hard, yet with few whistles. Palmetto substituted quickly and frequently to allow much playing time for back-ups. With four games in one week, they tried to conserve stamina. Half time score 4-0.

Palmetto pulled its goalie and first line defense in second half and gave up two goals. Second half was just a matter of getting it over with the game ending 7-2.

Not an extremely competitive match, but a Region one, so the Mustangs made the most of it by getting out with a win, playing time for subs, and no injuries.

MUSTANGS are a Proud Breed! 2008 - This Is Our Year
B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Academic Magnet 7
Lincoln 0

Half: 5-0

B
bench
bench
B
Post deleted by Kyle Heise

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
4/15/08
Brookland-Cayce 9-1 Swansea
The Cage @ Cayce, SC

Goals: (BC) Eduardo Adam 4, Jose Guzman 2, Rico Jackson, Miljan Kaludjervoic, Pedro Vargas; (S) Trent Yandle.
Assists: (BC) Kaludjerovic 2, Adam Keller 2, Guzman, Tyll Weyer; (S) Alex Adkins, Jhonathan Salcedo.
Shots: BC 21-4.
Saves: (BC) Chris Duzan 1; (S) 5 - Hank Ogburn 1, Toy Osborne 3, David Estrada 1.
Corner Kicks: BC 12-1 S.
Offsides: BC 12-2 S.
Fouls: BC 8-4.
Cautions: (BC) Kaludjerovic 76'; (S) Lawton Robinson 15'.
Referees: Pierre Fome; Jeffrey Storey.
Weather: Clear; Windy; 60 Degrees.
Halftime: BC 6-0 S.
Records: BC (11-4-1, 4-1); S (0-14, 0-6).

Last edited by Kyle Heise; 04/16/08 01:43 AM.
T
bench
bench
T
Northwestern 3-0 over Fort Mill

B
goal
goal
B
Pinewood - 11
Lincoln - 3

W
goal
goal
W
Hammond 4
Cardinal Newman 0

Hammond out coached, out played, and simply out willed CN tonight. Troyer(sorry if mispelled) is the best finisher we have played all year. Congrats to Hammond and Coach Pinasco and his staff.

B
bench
bench
B
Dutch Fork 5 Ridge View 1

goal kick
goal kick
Darlington 5
@Lakewood 1

throw in
throw in
Laurens 2 @ Greenwood 13

N
bench
bench
N
Southside Christian 1
Christ Church 0

S
kick off
kick off
S
AC Flora - 6 Camden - 1

S
bench
bench
S
North Myrtle Beach 2
St James 1

shocking

S
throw in
throw in
S
Blythewood Varsity 2
Dreher Varsity 1

1-0 Blythewood at half Blythewood scored again early in the second half poor officiating gave Dreher a pk and they scored on it late in the game. Good game by both sides.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Branchville 0
Blackville-Hilda 1

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Irmo 2 vs South Aiken 1

G
goal kick
goal kick
G
3-2 in pks. East-side vs. Mann.. great game, but poor officiating

P
throw in
throw in
P
Anybody know what happened between Beaufort and Summerville?

G
GWS Offline
Throw In
Throw In
G
Wren 6 - Westside 0

Same two teams Thursday.

S
throw in
throw in
S
at Stratford

Stratford 12, Orangeburg-Wilkinson 0

Sean Egnew Varsity Boys Soccer Coach Stratford High School
R
Throw In
Throw In
R
Aiken 2 White Knoll 0

T
goal kick
goal kick
T
Lancaster 0 @ South Pointe 5

-Attitude reflects leadership-
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
@ Socastee 5 C.Forest 1

K
kick off
kick off
K
Beaufort 3 Summerville 0.
half 0-0.
Beaufort kept it together tonight and executed when they needed to

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Dillon 3, Cheraw 2.

Dillon gets a late pk to complete the comeback win.

Coach Chickering
Camden High Soccer
goal
goal
Well done by Beaufort!

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
WADE HAMPTON 0 SILVER BLUFF 4

C
Brace
Brace
C
@ Battery Creek
WA 5 BC 1
This was a fun night to start we had lots of shots and good passing, played alot of young kids late and BC wroked hard and got a goal. Good For them. They never gave up and worked hard the entire time.
NOW let the bad times roll! we are no more than 10 miles out of Beaufort and the Dash lights are very low, another 10 min and the Trans. light comes on, few min later the ABS (brakes) light comes on! I spent 2 hours in the dark waiting on the other bus to come and take us home! SOOO how much sleep did I lose!!!!!

B
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
B
Barnwell 6
Edisto 0

P
throw in
throw in
P
St. Joseph 5
Heathwood 0

S
bench
bench
S
Rock Hill 7
York 1

C
goal kick
goal kick
C
Walhalla 2 Pickens 1 in OT

Walhalla had alot of shots on goal Pickens GK played wonderful.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
In Blackville

Bamberg-Ehrhardt 0
Blackville-Hilda 0
pk's
Bamberg-Ehrhardt 1
Blackville-Hilda 3

Last edited by Coach D; 04/17/08 01:06 AM.
B
bench
bench
B
Post deleted by Kyle Heise

corner kick
corner kick
Greenville 2
Christ Church 1 in OT

Greenville nets the winner with 1:23 left in 2nd OT.

Fletch: It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. I am NOT a big man.
B
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
B
In Hanahan

Barnwell 2
Hanahan 1

K
bench
bench
K
Ben Lippen 9
AC Flora 4

Ben Lippen 4
Orangeburg Prep 0

throw in
throw in
Palmetto 3 - Easley 3
Wednesday, April 16 @ Easley

Goals: Palmetto - #8 Mahaffey (2), #1 Ignacio; Easley - #10 (2) #15 (PK)

Assists: Palmetto - #1 Ignacio, #8 Mahaffey, #10 Nino

GAME CALLED IN OVERTIME!
After a very physical and raucous match between these two teams that was dominated by whistles and cards, the game was finally called after a fight broke out in the first minutes of the first overtime.

The first half was rough and physical with the officials allowing very hard play and a lot of talk between players. There was much cussing and fowl comments made towards the Hispanic players in Spanish that the officials did not know or did not control. This led to high tempers and hard play. The end of half found Easley up 3-2 with the aid of a PK.

The second half was marred by much pushing and too many whistles. The officials tried to gain control, but had lost that respect in first half. Palmetto scored the lone goal to make it 3-3 end of regulation.

As overtime began, the crude comments began again. One of Palmetto's players took offense at being told to go back across the border and his mother attacked verbally. Finally, when he was cussed crudely - another player stepped in and pushed. The pushing led to punches and a fight among the teams developed. The Easley coach rushed the field with no penalty; Palmetto's Ignacio received a red card; both teams began fighting; then both coaches agreed that the match was out of hand and control could not be regained by these officials. The match was called in the first overtime - Tied 3-3.

Sadly - a match between two quality teams was marred by the inadequacy of officials to control the game. Way too much was allowed in the first half and then it became too late to try to tighten down. ALSO - I understand not all officials are bi-lingual, but this is a problem that we seem to face more often than not. An English d*** or h*** is met with an immediate red card, while much cruder language spoken in Spanish is unnoticed and unpunished. I agree that a crack down on language is necessary and is a point of emphasis among this year's officials. But something must be done to not allow such crudeness to go undetected and unpenalized when used in Spanish toward Hispanic players.

W
throw in
throw in
W
Maybe the coaches could require their players to speak English while representing their American schools?

E
bench
bench
E
By American do you mean Latin American, South American or North American? It was the " English" speaking players from Easley speaking in abusive Spanish.

W
throw in
throw in
W
Quote:

It was the " English" speaking players from Easley speaking in abusive Spanish.

Right, I got that. The language and poor sportsmanship is something coaches can control.

To ask me what I mean by American is ludicrous.

C
Brace
Brace
C
And how would you do that in a game Wando fan? We teach spanish at Wando, should we not do that? Should we tell all Irish and Greek and Italians to go back home now too? This is the USA, we stand for Freedom! That means I can speak in what ever tounge I want. That is what this land is based on!

How hard would it be to teach Spanish curss words, put it on a cd or MP3 file and listen to it , that would be easy.

throw in
throw in
I thought it ironic that a couple of Palmetto players who make C's, D's, or fail Spanish still knew exactly what the words being used by the Easley players were.
BUT . . . the officials nor Easley coaches either did not know or did not care!

throw in
throw in
PS - Thanks, Elcid for confirming the actions of the Easley players.

E
bench
bench
E
You assumed it was the Hispanics. That was the point. There are several Americas. Your calling the schools American was a misnomer, you meant English speaking American.

W
throw in
throw in
W
Coach J...who said anything about sending anyone "home"?
How did you even come close to getting that assumption?

We teach Spanish, Latin, German, French AND sportsmanship at Wando. Obviously, abusing the Spanish language to curse only escalated the game to getting out of hand.

W
throw in
throw in
W
Quote:

You assumed it was the Hispanics. That was the point. There are several Americas. Your calling the schools American was a misnomer, you meant English speaking American.

See my comment above, I understood who was using the abusive Spanish. The post explaining what happened was very clear. Several Americas, well, which one are we in??

goal
goal
Roger is not gonna like that!!!!!! Games are not suppose to end in a tie!!!!

A SHARK ATE ME YES THEY DESERVE TO DIE AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL
World Cup
World Cup
It seems like most of the blame is being put on the Easley coaches and officials. I'm not sure that is the proper way to go. Provoking and lack of containment could be, sure, but retaliation makes me think the guilt should be evenly distributed. Not trying to step on toes, but just my opinion

Limiting people to speak only one language wouldn't be on my list of ways to control things. Something about that screams Civil Rights abuse.

S
Brace
Brace
S
Agreed Dale. The blame is on everyone. The player for the insults, refs for not getting control of the game, and the Palmetto player who retaliated. Trust me, when you get in the college and pros, the trash talking done now is pre-k compared to what you get in other sports at higher levels.

Last edited by jaguarsfutbol; 04/17/08 02:03 PM.
E
bench
bench
E
that is what an Easley fan yelled at the Palmetto Hispanic players. A lot of abusive language including the go back over the fence. It was in the first Palmetto post.

C
Brace
Brace
C
Quote:

Maybe the coaches could require their players to speak English while representing their American schools?

You stated make them speak english, because the repersent AMERICAN schools, isn't Fredoom of speach a right as a student at an American school?
Sportsman ship may be taught at Wando but you stundets who come to the games missed that lesson. IE: play-off game last year, REF had to stop game 5 times because of thier sportsman ship, parent had to sit with them rest of the game. Too bad the person who was teaching sportsman ship that day was not there. Maybe you can show up and teach this lesson? OR maybe just leave it alone?

W
throw in
throw in
W
[quoterepersent Fredoom speach stundets IE: play-off game last year, REF had to stop game 5 times because of thier sportsman ship, parent had to sit with them rest of the game. Too bad the person who was teaching sportsman ship that day was not there. Maybe you can show up and teach this lesson? OR maybe just leave it alone?

We play a lot of playoff games, but I am not familiar with the one of which you speak. Unsportsmanlike behavior would not be left alone.

goal
goal
I don't know anything about what happened but I feel if you live in this country, you should at least be familiar with basic English, not necessarily fluent, but familiar.

I know that wasn't really on topic, sorry!

S
kick off
kick off
S
This is in reference to the Easley vs. Palmetto game. It seems as though it was a close game, and I realize that Ignacio is Palmetto's playmaker, but as a coach, if you see your player getting upset over comments on the field, it is your job as a professional to remove the player to prevent what happened. It is very doubtful that it couldn't be seen coming.

As far as Easley goes, they are really bad about using racist comments (on the field and in the stands) on a regular basis towards teams with Hispanic players. That is an issue that has gone on for at least 3 years and it is high time that the athletic administration staff gets involved to put a stop it it. If fans use inflammatory and openly racist remarks, they should be removed from the stands and if used by players, they should be removed from the field.

S
kick off
kick off
S
I also want to add that even though the words are sometimes harsh, players should be taught by their coach to play with dignity despite what verbal abuse they are getting. On the flip side of that, they need to know that something will be done afterwards to punish the kids that hurled the abuse. If the player can't handle it, they should be pulled from the field as stated earlier no matter who is originally at fault. JMHO.

S
throw in
throw in
S
i agree with most of what u said soccer, but as for taking the player out of the game.. you gotta remember this is a close game in OT the thought of taking your playmaker out during this time for anything is something alot of coachs wont do.

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

i agree with most of what u said soccer, but as for taking the player out of the game.. you gotta remember this is a close game in OT the thought of taking your playmaker out during this time for anything is something alot of coachs wont do.

Agreed. Maybe there were signs before hand, but I wasn't here so I wouldn't know. I'm willing to bet it was a "character building" experience for all involved. Hopefully it's being taught that there isn't a place for racism in soccer

Goal
Goal
One can stress playing with dignity and pride for one's self and school, but the fact of the matter is you are dealing with 14 to 18 year old high school boys. As many of you know, boys of that age do not really think about what is taught when the pushing, shoving, and name calling begins.

Sean Vick
Christ Church Soccer
W
throw in
throw in
W
Quote:

One can stress playing with dignity and pride for one's self and school, but the fact of the matter is you are dealing with 14 to 18 year old high school boys. As many of you know, boys of that age do not really think about what is taught when the pushing, shoving, and name calling begins.

Agreed! (or as Dale, Jr would say, "I'm with ya bud)

World Cup
World Cup

S
kick off
kick off
S
Maybe I expected (and got) more out of my players than most then. I have always considered myself lucky to have had the opportunity to coach a great group of kids. I can think of numerous cases during games where my hispanic players would come to me upset with what racist remarks other players were saying. I would explain to them that they have to let it slide...that the only reason the other team was talking like that is because they were pissed that they were getting out played. I would explain that they could go out there and show them who could really play soccer and win the game or they could sit the bench and let the other players on the team down. 100% of the time, my guys stood up and went back in the game and fought to the bitter end to show who the better team was. I might not have been the perfect coach, but I stand 100% behind what I stated above and feel like any professional coach should expect the same.

As for the OT thing. As a professional coach in HS soccer, the lesson is more important than the game. Take the kid out and you bring respect to your school, your program, and you avoid becoming a negative topic of discussion on here.

Brace
Brace
Fort Mill 7
Clover 2

S
throw in
throw in
S
Very well said SoccerFanMan!

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
the lesson is more important than the game.

I applaud you sir. The nail has been hit on the head.

P
corner kick
corner kick
P
Chapin 2
BC 0

Refs were horrible but it went both ways, except for the 2nd goal for Chapin. Clearly offside. But Chapin still would have won anyway. BC once again had about a million shots from 30-40 out and NONE on target. They need to work on that...Great game though with a lot of intensity and heart.

G
GWS Offline
Throw In
Throw In
G
Wren 9 - Westside 0

C
goal kick
goal kick
C
Walhalla 7 Crescent 0

Starters were able to sit and get some valuable playing time for the 2nd string.

Walhalla has a good many hispanics playing and they have been taught to play beyond the talk on the field. The Americans and Hispanics have really pulled together to play as a team, and they all stand up for each other. They have become team oriented, and they are after a goal each has set for themselves and the team. I know it can be hard to play in that atmosphere but it does happen.

D
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
D
Eastside 8
Blue Ridge 2

David Craig
Eastside High School
Girls Varsity Soccer - Head Coach
FCA - Faculty Sponsor
G
GWS Offline
Throw In
Throw In
G
Does anyone know if any players from Palmetto or Easley were ejected as a result of the above mentioned altercation.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Dillon 3, Aynor 0

Coach Chickering
Camden High Soccer
brace
brace
SoccerFanMan:

We ran into the same thing last year with out two Hispanic/American players, one of whom is a preacher's daughter and the other who is simply one of the kindest, nicest kids you would ever meet. At an away game, the players yelled, "Kill the Mexicans!" from the bench at them. One of them cried the entire game. Might add that the Tigers won for their first win against that team ever. [Don't check records, don't "search" to find out who this was; it doesn't matter. It was not one of the respected, fine programs we play often].

End of story: This year, as their first-year coach, I told them that the 3 goal-rule, etc. were out against this team. No limits, no restrictions, teach-a-lesson time. My players, led by these two young women, said "Nope, coach. Respect and Class never stop. Rules apply to everyone. Respect yourself and you never do what was done to us."

Coaches always get more out of this than players, especially when you realize that your players are better people than you are.

There is no room for racism in soccer, in life, in families, and it is up to us and our future coaches/current players to make a difference.

We love those who love soccer, period.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
Goal
Goal
Clinton 1 - 5 J.L. Mann

Sean Vick
Christ Church Soccer
throw in
throw in
Quote:

Does anyone know if any players from Palmetto or Easley were ejected as a result of the above mentioned altercation.

YES - unfortunately #1 from Palmetto was red carded and ejected - and will have to serve a two game suspension.
He served his first game last night against Pendleton and will serve his second game tonight. He is Palmetto's play maker and leading scorer with 25 goals on the season.
No others were red carded.

throw in
throw in
Palmetto 3 - Pendleton 1
Thursday, April 17, 7:00 PM at Pendleton

Goals: Palmetto - #2 C. Thorpe (2), #8 D. Mahaffey; Pendleton - #10

Assists: Palmetto - #9 T. Bowman, #14, Roberts

Lackadaisical Effort!
After playing tough and rough - and with the altercations that took place on Wednesday, the Mustangs went to Pendleton down two starters and without a lot of zip. The Mustangs played many subs, but just didn't seem to have that edge that they normally bring. Many opportunities to score, but just could not finish.

Give credit to Pendleton for rebounding from last week's defeat and playing much harder and better. This is a young and improving team that will compete in Region next year. They have a great coach and a stable program.

Palmetto has one more game this week (4 in 1 week) and hopefully they will have enough stamina and players to pull it off. They will be down four players either sick, school conflicts, or serving suspensions for red card.

C
kick off
kick off
C
4/17

Bluffton 7 vs. Stall 0

S
throw in
throw in
S
Blythewood 10
Eau Claire 0

Very good Effort by the Eau Claire team they have a bunch of heart and come out every game playing there hardest.

Last edited by Sharpe Man; 04/19/08 12:31 AM.
corner kick
corner kick
Northwestern @ Rock Hill

NHS 6 - RHHS 0

G
GWS Offline
Throw In
Throw In
G
Wren 4 - Easley 1

G
GWS Offline
Throw In
Throw In
G
Any word on Greenwood - Hanna?

Brace
Brace
Fort Mill 3
South Pointe 1

Rick Fielden
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
South Aiken wins over Lexington in PK's

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Irmo 2 over Aiken 1

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
DF is currently tied with S Valley in OT

G
GWS Offline
Throw In
Throw In
G
What do the standings look like in Region 4

S
throw in
throw in
S
give us the update on Sv and DF as soon as u can

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
DF lost to Valley in PK's

kick off
kick off
@Socastee - 3
NMB - 2

Myrtle Beach 3
St. James- 2
In OVERTIME!!!

S
throw in
throw in
S
ahh so close

R
kick off
kick off
R
RNE 2
RV 1

RNE Goals
Adriel Santos
Thomas Tafel

RNE Assists
Victor Alvarez
Joel Leon

S
throw in
throw in
S
anyone kno who scored on RV?

R
kick off
kick off
R
im not sure it just kinda bounced around in the box until it rolled in

B
goal
goal
B
Pinewood - 3
Porter Gaud - 1

C
goal kick
goal kick
C
Walhalla 3 Pendleton 1

Good game for Pendleton they played hard. Walhalla had alot of missed opportunities.

E
goal kick
goal kick
E
WA 2
Summerville 1
pks
0-0 half
1-1 at end of reculation

throw in
throw in
Greenwood 7 @ Hanna 6

Went to sudden death pk's

G
GWS Offline
Throw In
Throw In
G
what was score in regulation

F
throw in
throw in
F
Congrats to the BC boys for playing hard at Chapin on Thursday night. Chapin has a very talented team. Is it me or is Chapin one of the most arrogant teams around? Too bad they resort to cheap shots after the play and run their mouths on the field more than they should. Then again, I've sat next to their "fans" and it's easy to see where it comes from. Some of the worst officiating I've seen has been at Chapin. Thankfully, they are moving out of our region next year.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Theres bad officiating everywhere you really cant blame that one on Chapin.

throw in
throw in
um it was 2-2....Greenwood was up 2-1 with like two minutes left and Hanna scored a right goal to tie

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Waccamaw 7, Dillon 0

2-0 at half

Coach Chickering
Camden High Soccer
K
bench
bench
K
Fort Dorchester over Beaufort in pks. Score was 2-2 at the end of regulation. Beaufort's first goal came in the first 5 minutes off of an Own goal by fort. fort came back with 2 in the second half. then the ref made a terrible pk call from a dive in the box and beaufort tied it up. FD pulled it out in pks to take home a hard-earned win. good game by both teams, very intense right down to the last pk. may i add that the officiating was outrageous. this region is very interesting. with 4 very competitive teams (beaufort, West ashley, Summerville, and Fort D) , whoever wins this region will pretty much have to win out/

H
goal
goal
H
The Spring Valley/Dutch Fork game was a thriller. The Valley came out very flat and sloppy, or, was badly outworked by Dutch Fork - sometimes it's hard to tell which is the biggest factor. In any event, DF dominated the play in the first half and got a well deserved goal late in the half to lead 1-0 at half-time.

In the second half, SV played a bit better and the possession was close to even. SV equalized at about 20 min in the 2nd half on a goal that everyone knew was coming eventually. With about 5 min remaining in the game, the SV keeper was called for a foul during a scramble for a loose ball in the box (a highly dubious call), was cautioned for dissent in the aftermath of the foul call and had to leave the pitch. SV's second keeper (one of two reasons I'm a HappyDaddy!) threw on his keeper shirt, tugged on his gloves, got on his line, and made a great save of Danny Cates' penalty effort.

After two uneventful OT periods, SV won on kicks from the spot, 5-4. It was a very tense affair and DF played very hard from end to end. The Valley was very fortunate to keep its winning streak (now at 28 - I think) alive.

W
throw in
throw in
W
Quote:

SV's second keeper (one of two reasons I'm a HappyDaddy!) threw on his keeper shirt, tugged on his gloves, got on his line, and made a great save of Danny Cates' penalty effort.

Very nice save under a lot of pressure!

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

SV's second keeper (one of two reasons I'm a HappyDaddy!) threw on his keeper shirt, tugged on his gloves, got on his line, and made a great save of Danny Cates' penalty effort.

Cool!!!!!!!
Love seeing dat. Even if it was SV.

"Silence, I kill you!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
throw in
throw in
Palmetto 10 - Ware Shoals 3
Friday, April 18, 6:00 PM at Palmetto

Brace
Brace
Good job Fort D!

"I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles"
S
throw in
throw in
S
how did Blythewood extending there winning streak to 8 and beating #10 Dreher to tie for the region lead drop down from #13 to #14?

S
Brace
Brace
S
Chapin is an excellent team. I feel like they have earned the right to be a little cocky.

F
throw in
throw in
F
That's fine but look out when they move up to 4-A and they have some of their good players graduate. Folks tend to remember the "cocky" teams a long time!

kick off
kick off
They are not going to 4A for a while.

@chicagoredstars
S
Brace
Brace
S
Chapin is a good program, they have a lot of talent on their JV team so when these Varsity players graduate, they will just reload. I admire that "swagger" in a team, whether it is Chapin or Strom thurmond.

kick off
kick off
Crestwood-0
Lakewood-1

"honor is not in the weapon, it is in the man..." highlander endgame
E
goal kick
goal kick
E
Summerville 1
Orangeburg W. 0
forfeit

C
goal kick
goal kick
C
4/18 @ Walhalla

Pendleton 1
Walhalla 3

Score was tied 1-1 at halftime, remained tied until the 65th minute though Walhalla clearly controlled the second half peppering the Pendleton keeper with shot after shot. Final goal in the 73rd minute. Great match. Pendleton's best match of the season to this point. Walhalla continues to show it knows how to win though and have to be considered one of the favorites to emerge from the upperstate.

(sorry, didn't see this posted earlier)

Last edited by Cap'n; 04/22/08 02:44 PM.
C
kick off
kick off
C
Freshman Antolin Devalle scored for Ridge View. He got the assist from freshman David Jennings. The goal was from about the six. It did not bounce around infront of the goal. Ridge View did have an opportunity when the ball bounced around. It was a great save by Kyle O'Grady then RV got the rebound and hit Kyle while on the ground then hit him again then just sort of bounce around from there and out.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard