Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
E
bench
bench
E
By American do you mean Latin American, South American or North American? It was the " English" speaking players from Easley speaking in abusive Spanish.

W
throw in
throw in
W
Quote:

It was the " English" speaking players from Easley speaking in abusive Spanish.

Right, I got that. The language and poor sportsmanship is something coaches can control.

To ask me what I mean by American is ludicrous.

C
Brace
Brace
C
And how would you do that in a game Wando fan? We teach spanish at Wando, should we not do that? Should we tell all Irish and Greek and Italians to go back home now too? This is the USA, we stand for Freedom! That means I can speak in what ever tounge I want. That is what this land is based on!

How hard would it be to teach Spanish curss words, put it on a cd or MP3 file and listen to it , that would be easy.

throw in
throw in
I thought it ironic that a couple of Palmetto players who make C's, D's, or fail Spanish still knew exactly what the words being used by the Easley players were.
BUT . . . the officials nor Easley coaches either did not know or did not care!

MUSTANGS are a Proud Breed! 2008 - This Is Our Year
throw in
throw in
PS - Thanks, Elcid for confirming the actions of the Easley players.

MUSTANGS are a Proud Breed! 2008 - This Is Our Year
E
bench
bench
E
You assumed it was the Hispanics. That was the point. There are several Americas. Your calling the schools American was a misnomer, you meant English speaking American.

W
throw in
throw in
W
Coach J...who said anything about sending anyone "home"?
How did you even come close to getting that assumption?

We teach Spanish, Latin, German, French AND sportsmanship at Wando. Obviously, abusing the Spanish language to curse only escalated the game to getting out of hand.

W
throw in
throw in
W
Quote:

You assumed it was the Hispanics. That was the point. There are several Americas. Your calling the schools American was a misnomer, you meant English speaking American.

See my comment above, I understood who was using the abusive Spanish. The post explaining what happened was very clear. Several Americas, well, which one are we in??

goal
goal
Roger is not gonna like that!!!!!! Games are not suppose to end in a tie!!!!

A SHARK ATE ME YES THEY DESERVE TO DIE AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL
World Cup
World Cup
It seems like most of the blame is being put on the Easley coaches and officials. I'm not sure that is the proper way to go. Provoking and lack of containment could be, sure, but retaliation makes me think the guilt should be evenly distributed. Not trying to step on toes, but just my opinion

Limiting people to speak only one language wouldn't be on my list of ways to control things. Something about that screams Civil Rights abuse.

Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard