Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
S
Brace
Brace
S
Agreed Dale. The blame is on everyone. The player for the insults, refs for not getting control of the game, and the Palmetto player who retaliated. Trust me, when you get in the college and pros, the trash talking done now is pre-k compared to what you get in other sports at higher levels.

Last edited by jaguarsfutbol; 04/17/08 02:03 PM.
E
bench
bench
E
that is what an Easley fan yelled at the Palmetto Hispanic players. A lot of abusive language including the go back over the fence. It was in the first Palmetto post.

C
Brace
Brace
C
Quote:

Maybe the coaches could require their players to speak English while representing their American schools?

You stated make them speak english, because the repersent AMERICAN schools, isn't Fredoom of speach a right as a student at an American school?
Sportsman ship may be taught at Wando but you stundets who come to the games missed that lesson. IE: play-off game last year, REF had to stop game 5 times because of thier sportsman ship, parent had to sit with them rest of the game. Too bad the person who was teaching sportsman ship that day was not there. Maybe you can show up and teach this lesson? OR maybe just leave it alone?

W
throw in
throw in
W
[quoterepersent Fredoom speach stundets IE: play-off game last year, REF had to stop game 5 times because of thier sportsman ship, parent had to sit with them rest of the game. Too bad the person who was teaching sportsman ship that day was not there. Maybe you can show up and teach this lesson? OR maybe just leave it alone?

We play a lot of playoff games, but I am not familiar with the one of which you speak. Unsportsmanlike behavior would not be left alone.

goal
goal
I don't know anything about what happened but I feel if you live in this country, you should at least be familiar with basic English, not necessarily fluent, but familiar.

I know that wasn't really on topic, sorry!

S
kick off
kick off
S
This is in reference to the Easley vs. Palmetto game. It seems as though it was a close game, and I realize that Ignacio is Palmetto's playmaker, but as a coach, if you see your player getting upset over comments on the field, it is your job as a professional to remove the player to prevent what happened. It is very doubtful that it couldn't be seen coming.

As far as Easley goes, they are really bad about using racist comments (on the field and in the stands) on a regular basis towards teams with Hispanic players. That is an issue that has gone on for at least 3 years and it is high time that the athletic administration staff gets involved to put a stop it it. If fans use inflammatory and openly racist remarks, they should be removed from the stands and if used by players, they should be removed from the field.

S
kick off
kick off
S
I also want to add that even though the words are sometimes harsh, players should be taught by their coach to play with dignity despite what verbal abuse they are getting. On the flip side of that, they need to know that something will be done afterwards to punish the kids that hurled the abuse. If the player can't handle it, they should be pulled from the field as stated earlier no matter who is originally at fault. JMHO.

S
throw in
throw in
S
i agree with most of what u said soccer, but as for taking the player out of the game.. you gotta remember this is a close game in OT the thought of taking your playmaker out during this time for anything is something alot of coachs wont do.

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

i agree with most of what u said soccer, but as for taking the player out of the game.. you gotta remember this is a close game in OT the thought of taking your playmaker out during this time for anything is something alot of coachs wont do.

Agreed. Maybe there were signs before hand, but I wasn't here so I wouldn't know. I'm willing to bet it was a "character building" experience for all involved. Hopefully it's being taught that there isn't a place for racism in soccer

Goal
Goal
One can stress playing with dignity and pride for one's self and school, but the fact of the matter is you are dealing with 14 to 18 year old high school boys. As many of you know, boys of that age do not really think about what is taught when the pushing, shoving, and name calling begins.

Sean Vick
Christ Church Soccer
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard