S
Brace
Brace
S
Good luck getting it started.

brace
OP Offline
brace
OK, now that the JV seasons are over, what will you do differently next year to make your program better?

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
W
throw in
throw in
W
Quote:

Please feel free to add any additional thoughts or advice.

Snag Coach RR from Barnwell. Our girls REALLY liked him!

R
bench
bench
R
RO&H, Just my 2 cents worth but the last two years I implemented a competitive cauldron. At practice, every single thing we do is competitve. Lots of 1v1's, 2v2's and short sided games, etc. Point is, they're scored on everything. What this does is keeps your lazy players from going through the motions during drills. And at the end of the week, the top 11 players with the most points, are my starters. Its fun to practice now just be careful not to get caught up with scoring to the point where youre too busy to coach them. I actually have someone do it for me. the girls love it cause its so "all out" on everything we do. Just an idea....(we do have alot of fun things as well. trust me, we have a great time but...this system has really worked for me)

Last edited by Reece; 04/30/08 02:56 PM.
M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Just as an aside and worth a note: RR is a great guy and christian I think. I am a christian as well-being on staff as a music minister @ SFBC. However, I am a competitor and play by the rules and sometimes I caught up with rules stuff(RR knows). Probably not great quality. But it is great to see nice guys finish at the top! RR is one those guys you don't mind your daughter playing for. Randy you have done great job (and should be proud-I know you are)and we will see you in club. Good Luck in England, we will be pulling for you!

World Cup
World Cup
http://www.scsoccer.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=102214&Main=100893#Post102214

I think you can show more Christian love in this thread

I do the same thing.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
I agree, but remember there is an Old Testament (eye for an eye)just kidding of course. It is the nature of the business we have chosen. I imagine when christians slaughtered others in battle, it wasn't very pretty. Sometimes you have to stand up for the good things that keeps our society together. Kind of like being in the heated battle of competition and still be able to respect each other enough to shake hands and acknowledge defeat or victory. Oh there I go, let me stop

Last edited by Meredith; 04/30/08 05:12 PM.
brace
OP Offline
brace
Quote:

RO&H, Just my 2 cents worth but the last two years I implemented a competitive cauldron. At practice, every single thing we do is competitve. Lots of 1v1's, 2v2's and short sided games, etc. Point is, they're scored on everything. What this does is keeps your lazy players from going through the motions during drills. And at the end of the week, the top 11 players with the most points, are my starters. Its fun to practice now just be careful not to get caught up with scoring to the point where youre too busy to coach them. I actually have someone do it for me. the girls love it cause its so "all out" on everything we do. Just an idea....(we do have alot of fun things as well. trust me, we have a great time but...this system has really worked for me)

Anson would be proud....

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
R
bench
bench
R
Actually he is...He keeps in touch with me regularly throughout our season as I bet I made with him at camp last year. Actually he made the bet. I told him that our 5 losses last year came within 1 goal. He bet that with this system not only would we lose less games( which were only 2 this season to s.a. by 1 and wando by 2) but we would allow fewer goals and he was right.

R
bench
bench
R
Meredith. Please refresh my memory. What church are you at? and how'd you know about my girls trip to England all the way up there? I'm sorry.

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard