Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#100685 04/18/08 10:00 AM
brace
OP Offline
brace
After a war yesterday, I would be remiss if I didn't pay the ultimate tribute to Coach Andy Robinson at Eastside, his assistant coaches, and his team.

Coach Robinson has taken the time this year to help me with being a better coach, to give me his ACL prevention program (no ACL's this year vs. 7 last year), offer his time and advice every time I needed it. He has kind words every conversation, does this the way we all should, and has the respect of his players and anyone who knows him.

His team is first-class. His kids will beat you, but do it with respect and class. You have our respect.

Thanks for setting the bar where you have. We can all learn from those who are better at this than we are.

Maybe we should recognize more like this on this forum. Positive never hurts.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
brace
OP Offline
brace
Andy Bean, coach at Lugoff-Elgin, who has enough interest to have a large varsity and JV squad, several assistants, and runs a first-class and still-growing tournament. He spent every second making sure everyone else was being taken care of. Recognized me during a scouting mission in Columbia and we had a great conversation. First class guy, first class coach. Will be a force in Region III.

brace
OP Offline
brace
Hank Deer, North Augusta. Could have won every game in our tournament by any margin, yet played possession, played with 8 if memory serves in a game, and was complimentary to everyone. Obviously humbly and highly successful. Made all of us feel happy to be involved with soccer.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
ROH,

Can you possibly share the ACL prevention program? I am sure that everyone would be interested in having it. Or is there an email we could get for Coach Robinson to see if he would be willing to share?

"Boys, even if it means dying on the pitch, we must win!" Marc-Vivien Foe 1975 - 2003
T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Quote:

Andy Bean, coach at Lugoff-Elgin, .... He spent every second making sure everyone else was being taken care of. ....First class guy, first class coach. Will be a force in Region III.

I second the motion on Coach Bean.

tk

Tony King
Tony King #100690 04/18/08 05:10 PM
L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Blythewood girls for going out of their way to come over to the other team's bench to shake an injured player's hand after the game against Dreher.

throw in
throw in
ROH, I would definitely have to agree with you on Hank Deer. He could have easily embarassed us all at the tournament, but yet still had his team play with class. And you are right...he did make us all appreciate being part of the soccer community...overall, he is a great guy.

throw in
throw in
Tony King, Blythewood HS Girls, is definitely a class act. And you can see it from him and his team. He always shows respect for the game, the players, the coaching staffs, the parents (even though they don't always deserve it).... everyone involved.

Even though his keeper did ruin my only scoring chance against him so far this season, I would have to say that his players play the game with class, and show respect to all involved (just as he does).

He has definitely made great strides with his team over the past few years, and he is going to be a threat for 4A next year, for sure!

SockerKnut #100693 04/18/08 07:33 PM
World Cup
World Cup
I 2nd that on Tony King.

Coach Young #100694 04/18/08 09:17 PM
Goal
Goal
I think Tony King has done a wonderful job at Blythewood! Great job Lady Bengals!

Victory Starts Here!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard