Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
bench
bench
A
Having had the privilege to Coach with Andy Robinson for the past 6 years at Eastide, I would like to humbly say thank you to ROH for his kind words. Andy is a man of integrity and character so thank you for acknowledging that about him. ROH was very helpful to us last night so I would say express thanks to him for helping us as well. Andy has instilled in our team and staff that no matter what, "we win with class and lose with class" and it's second nature for our team to treat others the way we want to be treated. It was a very good game last night, and we commend Blue Ridge on growing their program and challenging all the teams in the tough region they are in.

AVdude #100696 04/19/08 01:56 PM
brace
OP Offline
brace
Thanks AV. I enjoyed helping the young man try to get power at The Ridge so that he could do his job. He was a cool kid. I used to do a little of that when I was his age too. Part of being a coach is showing the young ones who want to do well that you appreciate them trying to.

Eastside's soccer program, their coach, and their players were the model we used. We're pretty close, but you guys have done it for a long, long time.

Eastside, and Coach Robinson, are just first class.

Thank you for the nice comments about Blue Ridge. It's a great place.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
brace
OP Offline
brace
Watched Blythewood. Great, great facility. Their kids play with passion. The come after you. That tells you their coach is first class.

Coach Tony - you must be very good. Maybe great. I'll give you great.

Last edited by Retired, Old, and Happy; 04/19/08 08:25 PM.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
He IS, he coached my daughter last fall for club (she is at SV), and the club team ended up #3, Last HS season Blythewood started at the bottom of the ranks, and I think only lost to Riverside in state finals. Great coach, great bunch of girls...He is a Class Act!

SV-Dad #100699 04/20/08 09:48 PM
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

He IS, he coached my daughter last fall for club (she is at SV), and the club team ended up #3, Last HS season Blythewood started at the bottom of the ranks, and I think only lost to Riverside in state finals. Great coach, great bunch of girls...He is a Class Act!

I stand corrected, not state finals, but 3 round, and they did lose to Riverside.

SV-Dad #100700 04/21/08 01:19 PM
brace
OP Offline
brace
You are forgiven. Sometimes after you get whomped by Riverside it is hard for the memory to work. It's called a concussion.

brace
OP Offline
brace
Speaking of Class Acts, how come no one else has placed Terry Archenhold from Riverside on this list? Are we the only ones getting whalloped by those ladies every year? I think not.

Terry does everything first class. He always makes you feel better, always has kind things to say, never ever runs the score up. Watch his 8-0 games, and you will see Sarah with one assist. Watch her in state championships, you will see more.

I believe that they have been in almost every girls' state championship game, and that every one has had either Eastside or Riverside in it. First class coach, first class program, first class players. They have more championship rings than I have kids.

Always first class.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard