Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Normally it is 6-8 months...however one of my girls blew out all the ligaments in her knee and they said 8 months.
Another girl only tore her ACL and nothing else...the ACL just came unattached at the top of the bone and the doctor said she would be back kicking a ball in 6 weeks and to full strength in 4 months. Depends on the severity of the ACL tear and the other ligaments I believe.

throw in
throw in
TRAVELER,

Most doctors will tell you 6 to 9 months. Some can come back in 4 months but this is not the norm. It all depends on how successful you are during your physical therapy. My daughter was right on the 6 months mark.

Steadman Hawkins has information on there website.

Steadman and Hawkins of the Carolina's

"Play every game with your whole heart as you never know if it is your last game"
brace
OP Offline
brace
I am not a doctor, but I believe it is common to hurt other knee areas (MCL, PCL?) etc. when you also hurt your ACL. That often slows recovery as everything must come back. My son has hurt his twice.

Last edited by Retired, Old, and Happy; 04/18/08 03:52 PM.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
corner kick
corner kick
Mavsuppoter,
I saw your daughter in her comeback game last night, and I was very impressed. She is a solid technical player, who made great decisions with the ball. I believe she had a goal and an assist. She will be a huge asset to our team as we go into the play-offs. We are glad to have her back.

Only time will tell
A
bench
bench
A
I am sure Andy will be more than happy to share the ACL exercises with anyone who needs them. He works with some great guys at The Plex in Columbia who were gracious enough to help our Eastside girls with some exercises to help prevent injuries. The best way to reach him is via e-mail at coachiw@aol.com or andyr@plexindoorsports.com.

brace
OP Offline
brace
Thanks AV dude!

brace
OP Offline
brace
Andy Robinson at Eastside - we love you.

Andy gave me his ACL injury prevention at the coaches' convention this year. He told me that he had NEVER had a player lost to a knee injury. We took and implemented the seven exercise program in its entirety all year and in preseason conditioning.

RESULTS:

1. NO knee injuries to any player who participated in preseason conditioning or winter sports after 7 during the 2007 season. Thank you, Andy.
2. The only MCL injury came from our only player who didn't participate in preseason conditioning, and she did it when she fell on her own and rolled and hurt her MCL. She played afterwards.

Safety first always. Thank you Coach Robinson for the wonderful advice and for sharing a program that improved the soccer experience for our children.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard