Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17
M Allen #100836 04/28/08 04:23 PM
G
kick off
kick off
G
Location, location, location.... schools cannot control who is in their region and $$$ regulate how far teams can travel to play competitive teams.

Daniel was a great challenge... they had almost 30 shots and the Walhalla keeper had 22 saves. Unfortunately Daniel only had room on their schedule for 1 game.

Walhalla girls have stepped up their game and the addition of the new coaches has made a huge difference in the girls level of play and commitment.

They are looking forward to playoffs and to playing CC again.

goal08 #100837 04/28/08 04:46 PM
brace
brace
Quote:

Location, location, location.... schools cannot control who is in their region and $$$ regulate how far teams can travel to play competitive teams.

Daniel was a great challenge... they had almost 30 shots and the Walhalla keeper had 22 saves. Unfortunately Daniel only had room on their schedule for 1 game.

Walhalla girls have stepped up their game and the addition of the new coaches has made a huge difference in the girls level of play and commitment.

They are looking forward to playoffs and to playing CC again.

I agree. If Waccamaw did not have BE on their schedule, they would have little chance to be ranked highly, another weak schedule otherwise. Since I have seen CC, SCS, and Emerald, and since I know they have played several of the other teams in the rankings, I believe many AA/A are extremely close. Playoffs should be interesting.

"Living well's the best revenge." r.e.m.
cat's cradle #100838 04/28/08 06:42 PM
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
I just believe that A/AA is pretty weak overall period. I have no doubt that Waccammaw and Bishop England are by far the best two teams in that division.

Both teams could compete in the higher divisions most years. Maybe not for titles, but to be upper echelon teams.

The fact that Academic Magnet is in the top 4 is just more proof of my point. Neither Academic Magnet or Christ Church would be in the top 5 in the SCISA rankings. Academic Magnet got dominated by Pinewood Prep early in the season in a game where they packed 8 or 9 players in the 18 to try and keep Pinewood from scoring.

I also watched them in the B-C tournament and neither of those two teams had more than one player that could have been a starter for Hilton Head Prep.

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Is this the same team that Swansea took to pk's?

goal kick
goal kick
Don't underestimate Woodruff in A/AA. I haven't seen BE or Waccammaw, but Woodruff has a solid team and is not afraid to play a very physical game. They are well-coached and should not be looked over in the coming playoffs. Also, they have had quite the run late in the season and are in good form. They have a lot of individual talent on that team, and seem to be putting it all together into a great team effort, too.

brace
brace
Quote:

I just believe that A/AA is pretty weak overall period. I have no doubt that Waccammaw and Bishop England are by far the best two teams in that division.

Both teams could compete in the higher divisions most years. Maybe not for titles, but to be upper echelon teams.

The fact that Academic Magnet is in the top 4 is just more proof of my point. Neither Academic Magnet or Christ Church would be in the top 5 in the SCISA rankings. Academic Magnet got dominated by Pinewood Prep early in the season in a game where they packed 8 or 9 players in the 18 to try and keep Pinewood from scoring.

I also watched them in the B-C tournament and neither of those two teams had more than one player that could have been a starter for Hilton Head Prep.

Apples to oranges; no one wishes to compare AA/A public schools with private schools; in fact, many here have stated often that private schools are more like AAAA public schools because the attendance playing fields are uneven. Quite unfair to make a sweeping negative comment about AA/A.

Woodruff has faired well against many private schools (even SCISA schools) over the past five or so years.

"Living well's the best revenge." r.e.m.
I
goal
goal
I
Try Woodruff, you will not like it. They can play with almost anyone.

Coach Young #100843 04/28/08 07:09 PM
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
yes. A very poor game indeed.

It is also the same team that the Riverside coach was quoted as saying would compete for the AAA state title after the two played in the first round of B-C.

cat's cradle #100844 04/28/08 07:11 PM
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
People that compare the private schools to AAAA public don't have any clue what they are talking about.

Most are talking about schools like Bishop England that have over 800 kids, not SCISA schools.

Hilton Head Prep has 70 girls in their highschool. How can that be any kind of attendance advantage?

goal kick
goal kick
I agree with SCISA sports fan on this. The majority of SCISA schools, while not having the restrictions regarding a certain area that public schools do, do not have the numbers of public schools. The biggest SCISA schools would have numbers comparable to public A schools at best. The fewer number of students to draw from, the harder to build a program. However, SCISA schools do enjoy the benefit of not being restricted in a certain geographical area. I guess we all have certain advantages. However, I wouldn't say that most SCISA schools should be paired with AAAA public schools on a regular basis.

Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard