Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17
Meredith #100906 05/06/08 05:41 PM
goal
goal
Quote:

I think I made the god's of scsoccer mad with forfeiting to Airport. I did the best thing for my group and the time frame. I am sorry scsoccer, I throw myself on the mercy of the forum. See ya'll in club.

How does a team forfeit to another region team? That happened here in Greenville a couple of years ago and it cost those teams their entire seasons? What gives?

You may disagree, but you're wrong!
Always Right #100907 05/06/08 05:48 PM
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

Quote:

I think I made the god's of scsoccer mad with forfeiting to Airport. I did the best thing for my group and the time frame. I am sorry scsoccer, I throw myself on the mercy of the forum. See ya'll in club.

How does a team forfeit to another region team? That happened here in Greenville a couple of years ago and it cost those teams their entire seasons? What gives?

One athletic director calls the other athletic director and says, "There is no way we can make that trip. We don't have enough girls...blah, blah, blah. We will forfeit the game to you"

I do think there is some kind of stipulation regarding goal differential not being used if it causes the teams to split and a tiebreaker is needed. At least that is what I heard.

Personally, I think it is disgraceful. These kids are limited to a certain number of games and if one or more of those is taken away because a coach doesn't want his or her team to be subjected to getting beat, it is bad for the game.

Coach Chass #100908 05/06/08 06:33 PM
brace
brace
Quote:

I can say we lost 9 games...does that count?

Does when you say it. You didn't lose, you just ran out of time.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
Meredith #100909 05/06/08 06:39 PM
brace
brace
Quote:

Quote:

OK. How many teams can say that they lost 9 games, and EVERY SINGLE TEAM THAT BEAT THEM:

We can and we actually beat a few ranked teams. You all are ranked and we are not. You all did not even beat a ranked opponent. Also, we have a better goal differential... ...just saying. Interesting. Don't get me wrong-great job with your program. I think I made the god's of scsoccer mad with forfeiting to Airport. I did the best thing for my group and the time frame. I am sorry scsoccer, I throw myself on the mercy of the forum. See ya'll in club.

Pardon me, mam. I do not see any ranked teams on your schedule that you beat. I can read. Maybe I am missing something on the scsoccer.com schedule. If so, I am sorry.

PS: We didn't forfeit to Riverside, Eastside, Mann, Wade Hampton, North Augusta or Blythewood because we don't do that. We play. Maybe that's why we are ranked.

We are as beat up as anybody, play four freshman and five sophomores, etc. No excuses. And we aren't rich either. We have one of the poorest pupil populations in Greenville County. When I brought a bag of 8 pairs of old shoes to the first practice, 6 of them became the game shoes for 6 of our kids.

We aren't asking for anything, but we earned what we have gotten.

Last edited by Retired, Old, and Happy; 05/06/08 06:40 PM.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Nice comment..Retired old and happy

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Look closer Barnwell, Wade-hamtpton, Academic Magnet ring a bell? You probably should have forfeited to Riverside. Just kidding, we did not wimp out and not play Airport. The original game on 4/28 was called (inclement weather) At their place, I did not call it. They had a game on tuesday, I wanted to play wednesday, they gave the option of thursday and friday, 1/2 my girls had SAT prep courses after school on those days and not to mention already short-handed with the injury bug. I took the humble route and said,"I would forfeit to you." Airport was okay with it-no brainer. The game had no baring effect on region finishes. I think Morris is a class act, but a fierce competitor as well. ROH, I think you can be proud of your girls. However, I am also proud of mine, in only fours as a program. I just think we deserve it tad more. By the way, I am a male dadburnit. Well, I otta whip your candy-a%#... OOOO I am sorry, I almost forgot, I am from Ohio. Maybe we can have some tea and discuss our discord.

Last edited by Meredith; 05/06/08 07:04 PM.
Meredith #100912 05/06/08 07:33 PM
brace
brace
My mamma would have sent a boy named Meredith out of the country. You would have been very tough if you had survived where I grew up with a name like that.

Are you AA? If so , I apologize. I thought you guys were AAA.

You guys did well, no question. Hard for them to be proud with a man leading with a woman's name. Come on. How scared can I be when you threaten to "whip your candy..."? With what? A purse?

brace
brace
OK, you dropped in class and beat a AA ranked school. We played UP in class and lost to North Augusta early in the year. There is a little difference.

Your comment about Riverside. You can ride in my car after you schedule them. Put up or shut up. We play them twice every year.

Goal
Goal
Can you imagine ole Jay Frye at RNE calling Kurt Burnette at Airport and say, "hey we're a little banged up at QB and WR this week, so let's just call off our game Friday night". This would never happen in football, so why should soccer be so different? This kind of stuff is what gives soccer a 'wimpy' reputation and a black eye.

As the ole ball coach would say, "It's sad"!

Victory Starts Here!
202677 #100915 05/06/08 07:58 PM
brace
brace
What if he changed his name to "Ethel" before he called?

Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard