Print Thread
#10097 03/20/03 12:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
...was your game with Beaufort Academy as close as the 2-0 score?

I know the Beaufort/Hilton Head area refs can make about a two goal difference a game.

B
goal
goal
B
I'd be happy with a 2-0 win over Beaufort any day.I watched the state championship game with Beaufort and Ben Lippen and it seemed at the lineup intro that Beaufort had alot of underclassmen starting.Plus, they are well coached. The powers to be must have thought they were going to be prety good as they were ranked #1 in SCISA.I think you will see the usual suspects battling it out again.CN,Ben Lippen,PG,Pinewood,and Beaufort.

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Having played both Cardinal Newman and Ben Lippen this season (both 4-1 losses), I can attest that both of these SCISA schools should figure prominently in the postseason.

Both schools have a solid nucleus of upperclassmen that just seem to get it done. Good luck to both sides the remainder of the spring.

I also look forward to our match with Porter-Gaud in the Palmetto Cup in April. The Cyclones are always well-coached and disciplined under Arturo Suarez.

SCISA certainly has some good soccer this year!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beaufort traditionally is a SCISA power. The reason I asked the question is I read an article in the Beaufort Gazette quoting the BA coach as saying he lost ten kids to other activities this spring and had to fill out his team with seventh and eighth graders. I did not expect the game to be that close.

A little misinformation propoganda maybe? [Wink]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I felt as if PG, did not feel that playing Beaufort Academy was that big of a game. We knew we would win. We didn't get ourselves as motivated as we would if it was a bigger game. Also, BA started with an untraditional line up. They had no outside mids. They took the extra two players and put them in defense. They only had two forwards for offense. Thier defense was stacked, so it was hard to play through balls. Our goals came from around the 18 yard line. And the refs had somewhat of an impact,with thier calls, but no big things. PG controlled play most of the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I always look forward to playing the lower state teams, and I wish we scheduled a game with PG or Pinewood in the regular season. I agree with Mr. Heise's assessment of who's in the running for SCISA state champion. CN's definitely got a good program this year...better than last year, from what I saw.

B
goal
goal
B
How many players from PG. Pinewood,Ben Lippen, and Cardinal Newman play club soccer? Does SCISA have an all-star soccer game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SCISA does not name an all-state team for Spring soccer, only for Fall soccer. Hopefully something could be done about that this year. There are some really good players amongst those four teams you named.

Of the Pinewood first eleven - five played U17 for the Summerville Soccer Club (same five played Super-Y for the Battery last summer), one played U18 for SSC, one played classic ball in Indiana, two played football, two did not play.

I know PG has several, including four that played U18 for the MP Mutiny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BEAUFORT TEAM IS VERY YOUNG AND NOT PHYSICAL.PG HAD 4 YELLOW CARDS AND THE COACH OF BEAUFORT ALSO GOT A YELLOW CARD.BEAUFORT HAD NO CHANCE TO SCORE

Link Copied to Clipboard