Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 20 1 2 18 19 20
C
Coach
Online Content
Coach
C
On to the sigh of relief--Red Bull Week is finally over. In the fourth straight night of soccer, in Orangeburg:

Berkeley 3
O-W 0

Our girls were flat worn out in the fourth straight night of soccer, including three on the road and two OTs with PKs, but they did what they had to in order to finish the job. O-W packed a lot of legs in the box and made it hard to thread the needle; goals were scored from 25 and more yards out by freshman Taylor Tracy and junior Kayla Barwick, and from the corner by senior Katie Black.

Thus was burned the last few drops of fuel in the tank; if you'll all excuse me, I think I'll go slip into a peaceful coma for the rest of the weekend. Someone wake me for the rematch with Stratford on Tuesday!

I've got good news and bad news...
brace
brace
Woodruff 3
Emerald 0

After sweeping ranked AA teams at the end of the season, WHS should enter the playoffs as the #1 seed in the Upstate.

Great job for the players and coaches!

"Living well's the best revenge." r.e.m.
B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Academic Magnet 1
Christ Church 0

goal kick
goal kick
Clover 1, N.Western 0
gritty game, Clover goal on a PK

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
4/25

Shannon Forest- 2
vs. Asheville Christian- 1

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Coach,

How do you think the teams in the "upperstate" match up with the teams in the "lowerstate"?

I have seen Pinewood, HHP, HHCA and St. Joe's in person on more than one occasion, but have not seen the other contenders. I thought St. Joe's was physically strong, but incredibly slow and would have a hard time matching up with the speed of Pinewood and HHP.

As the second seed, you would get Hilton Head Christian in the first round.

goal kick
goal kick
SCISA sports fan,

I tried sending you a PM, but don't know that I was successful, so let me try and answer to you here.

I've had the privilege to see only one lowerstate team, HHCA, who beat us in the Lady Eagle Classic in PK's. I personally believe we were the better team on the field that day, but not on the scoreboard. If we see them again, hopefully we can control the scoreboard as well. They are a very talented and well-coached team, and would be a very tough game in the first round! As for the other lowerstate teams, I know that HHP and Pinewood apparently have much speed and talent on their teams. The upperstate is a very strong and tough region this year, and we tend to beat up on each other throughout the season. However, I think that will make us stronger for the playoffs, and I think we will match up well with the lowerstate. As a region, we don't seem to have as much speed across the board as the lowerstate teams, and that could become a factor in the playoffs. I do think you'll find the upperstate teams, while maybe not as fast, will hang in there with a lot of toughness.

St. Joe's may not have as much speed this season, but is extremely talented and physically tough. Hammond can be extremely dangerous, and Heathwood has some speed that can cause problems for the fastest of backfields. Cardinal Newman is young, but technically sound. Ben Lippen is extremely talented and can be very dangerous when playing to our potential.

I think HHP and Pinewood have the advantage going in with homefield in the first round and a lot of speed. I've heard HHP has the fastest backfield in SCISA, which will make it hard for any challenger. I'd be interested to know who you see as the fastest lowerstate team and the best lowerstate players. How do you think the two regions will match up from what you know?

I think we're in for a good year of playoffs from both regions.

K
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
K
I wanted to recognize my 7 seniors from Loris High School who will complete their season in the coming weeks. We had our senior night night last night and it was nice to see the support from everyone. These started a program last year at the school and have set the tone for the players that follow.

Loris 2 v Aynor 0; Aynor came to play and it was 0-0 at half but Loris was able to put 2 away are strong play by the team and not giving up.

The Seniors were Hannah Rion, Candice Matthews, Kelsey Melzer, Felica Watts, Crystal Sukalski, Kayla Reilly, and Amelia Scronce

World Cup
World Cup
You are Pam Wilson?

I
goal
goal
I
All current Byrnes boys players should rest assured, that no "Adult" blames them for their current situation, or condition. Actually the team and school had the talent to be successful. As I understand it some are moving to the next level. I hope you really understand my voice has been one of concern not distain for you, the athlete. Good luck...

Page 20 of 20 1 2 18 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard