Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 20 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 19 20
S
coach
coach
S
Quote:

Very well. SA had emptied their 6 shooter against Irmo and didn't have enough for NA. Hank's Jackets played sound defense and gave SA a rare shutout. North Augusta had the ball outside the 18 when one of their forwards went down with a cramp. NA awarded a free kick with play stopped and sent it up in the air. 10 players plus 23 fans crashed the goal and punched in the game winner. Great goal and if you're going to lose, at least do it on a nice goal - well done Hank and well done North Augusta. Looks like a log jam coming up in R4 below Lexington.

Whichever team gets paired with North Augusta in the first round of the playoffs is going to be in for it. Very strong, fast, and physical team -- particularly defensively.

corner kick
corner kick
Swansea 0 @ Chapin 2

Chapin ends their regular season winning 9 of their last 10 games. Way to go Ladies!

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."
G
kick off
kick off
G
Walhalla 4
Seneca 0

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
I have been dying to ask a question since the Bearcat Invitational of the Barnwell faithful but I don't want to offend. Still, I have to ask...

How do the girls feel about being known as the Lady Warhorses?

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
So Shibumi, if you were me and you had your choice of Irmo, SA, or N. Augusta who would you root for to finish fourth? I will go with your suggestion.

World Cup
World Cup
This Friday will clear up a lot.

S
coach
coach
S
CJ: After reading this message board for the last few days, I'm pretty sure you should want Lexington to finish fourth.

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Been there, done that at Viking Cup. I want no part of Kira and Co. until I absolutely have to.

S
coach
coach
S
It's "Coach Fryland and company."

To answer your question sincerely, it would really depend on the teams that showed up on that particular day to play. Who scares me the most? Irmo. I think Irmo is one of the most talented teams around and while they've had problems, on any given night they can give any team in the state fits. I think North Augusta is one of the strongest teams defensively and is dangerous on counter-attacks. South Aiken is a well-coached and disciplined team and is excellent all-around (as their record and ranking indicate.) I know that Aiken really misses the midfielder who was injured and is struggling to find their way, but if Aiken is "on" they are pretty tough as well.

Region IV has in the past tended to be a defensively minded region that relied on counter-attacks. It's a little more diverse now.

Sorry for dancing around your question -- but it's a tough call. I know you have a lot of really talented younger players with whom I'm not as familiar, but with Casey in the middle, Caitlin up top, and Kendall in goal I know you're going to do incredibly well regardless of whomever you play.

C
kick off
kick off
C
Great Win RV Girls! Does anyone know how SV keeper Jamie Shaw is doing. She was down at the end of the game with heart problems and they had to call 911.

Page 7 of 20 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard