Dorman 1
DF 0

Goal scored in the 76th minute.

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Byrnes - 1
Hanna - 0

It proves Region II is a tough place to play. Doesn't Hanna have to play the number four seed in the first round?
It could be Byrnes, S'Burg or Mauldin.

Only time will tell
World Cup
World Cup
R1 vs R4
R2 vs R3

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Quote:

Byrnes - 1
Hanna - 0

It proves Region II is a tough place to play. Doesn't Hanna have to play the number four seed in the first round?
It could be Byrnes, S'Burg or Mauldin.

Unfortunately, that dubious honor would belong to Fort Mill. It'll be tough to get to the second round this year.

Doin' it the hard way...
CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Is your phone working Michael? I texted and called.

My girls deserve a smarter coach. the Riverside fiasco scared me about playing flatback defense and I outsmarted myself and started in a 4-4-2. We were horribly disorganized early and Byrnes scored on a second chance corner kick about ten minutes into the game. Sound familiar? Let me tell you one thing about Byrnes...don't let them score first. You have to be very good to score on that team while they protect a lead. Congrats to Kingsley and the girls on a great game. Sigh. We have played some of the best in this fine state and this was our first shutout of the year. And I don't like it one bit. But the credit goes to Byrnes.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

I have been dying to ask a question since the Bearcat Invitational of the Barnwell faithful but I don't want to offend. Still, I have to ask...

How do the girls feel about being known as the Lady Warhorses?

Probably about the same as mine do about being known as the Lady Stags...now THAT make sense...

Doe!

I've got good news and bad news...
CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
And now that I have been nice, I have to say one thing that is really bothering me...

Why is the best pitch that I have seen in South Carolina located in Laurens while the sorriest piece of crap poor excuse of a soccer field with a crown that makes it impossible to see lines(or maintain possession on the sideline)and more dirt and rocks than grass located in Duncan within sight of the big jumbotron in the real stadium? the ground was so hard that the balls bounced twice as high as usual and when players slid they earned strawberries large enough to glue them to their sheets tonight in bed (those of you that have ever played know the experience). I just don't understand how one of the storied schools in the state have facilities like this. Can they not afford an irrigation system?

Please understand that I am in no way blaming this loss to the field conditions, but if you have ever played then you know there is no worse feeling than not being confident in your touch. Especially when your game is skillfull passing, not crash and kick.

I feel better now. I still believe Byrnes very much deserved the win tonight but I am grateful that I will not have to play there in the playoffs.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Internet's been down and I'm running a little behind...

4/22 at Goose Creek

GC 1
Berkeley 2

Berkeley in PK's (3-1) for the second time this year. Goose Creek played their hardest for this one--all bets are always off for this rivalry. Creek scored first on a perfect direct free kick from just outside the 18 that grazed both the post and the crossbar of the upper 90...never saw one better. Berkeley answered on a battle inside the box before the half. What ensued was a knock-down drag-out battle for the ball that had us hitting everything but the back of the net while watching some very ominous clouds roll in--nobody wanted to be down a goal if the lightning started. Game finished in 4 rounds of PKs with the Creek scoring unanswered in the first pairing and Berkeley scoring unanswered in the next three to put it out of reach.

C
Coach
Coach
C
4/23 at Berkeley

Berkeley 2
Battery Creek 0

Berkeley came out half speed, apparently still recovering from OT last night. Took a while to get our legs back under us and settle in; goals by freshmen Chelsey Holloway in the first half and Brittany May in the second lit the fire, while the defense got aggressive to hold the shutout.

Two games in a row...need to keep fired up to do it again Thursday night...and Friday night...Berkeley is going for the endurance test with a four-night streak!

corner kick
corner kick

Christ Church 2
Walhalla 0

Halftime: 1-0

Fletch: It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. I am NOT a big man.
Page 9 of 20 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard