Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 20 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 19 20
World Cup
World Cup
CC, four nights??? Man, been there before and it's a task!!! Believe in the red bull!

World Cup
World Cup
CJ, my apologies. The weather was not good and I didn't want to take any chances by talking about work some more. High pressure zone moving in so I think things will be better.

I was first impressed with Byrnes for having their old Mary Black tournament with a soccer specific field. Looking at the fball field, though, I don't think they are getting quite the same love. Great team, needs some field love from the powers that be to match their play.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Quote:

I have been dying to ask a question since the Bearcat Invitational of the Barnwell faithful but I don't want to offend. Still, I have to ask...

How do the girls feel about being known as the Lady Warhorses?

CJ, as coach of the Lady Warhorses, they know no difference. I guess it is kind of weird but all girls teams at Barnwell are known as the Lady Warhorses, maybe if we have a stellar season in the future I can find a different nickname!!!

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
It really just got me thinking about school mascots. We are the yellow jackets and we have called our girls the Lady Yellow Jackets forever, but isn't that redundant? We should probably call our boys drones.

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Dale, You don't have to apologize. Totally understandable.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Yea there are definitely some weird team mascots when it comes to Lady (whatever)

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Please understand that I am in no way blaming this loss to the field conditions, but if you have ever played then you know there is no worse feeling than not being confident in your touch. Especially when your game is skillfull passing, not crash and kick.

I was at the game also last night and I can not agree more. I have never seen a soccer ball bounce higher on the third bounce than it did on the first until last night. Terrible field!!!!!!

One more thing also bothered me. I was told that one of players for Byrnes was the daughter of the head ref. If that is true I think it was very un professional of him to put himself in that position. I don't want to take away Byrnes great goal in the first 2 minutes of the game, but there were some very questionable no calls and in my opinion the head ref let the game get way to physical. One no call was an obvious retaliation tackle, knee high and was an obviously red card and no card or call at all was made. I would think even if the head ref was absolutley perfect why would he put himself in that postition.

That there is an RV Clark......
I
goal
goal
I
the soccer field at Byrnes is awful, my kid got cut by glass in the field, several kids noted it in the field. sad.

The byrnes girls play very physical, smash comes to mind but not over the top. Skillful up top. Good team.

The Byrnes boys team wins the few they get by hacking the talent on the other team until a fight breaks out, but that is another story. Jv kids crawling over the fence to get into the fight. No control nor class.

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Hobo, I heard that rumor too, but the ref in question does not have girls at Byrnes.

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Papa, were you at the boys game the other night when the brawl happened?

Page 10 of 20 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard