I got my avatar changed!!!!!!!

Boooooyahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Quote:

Tony King/stump duck--No game report from last night's game?

Ah well shoot since you asked.... I had figured Heise's recap was good enough to pass along the score so I just figured to let that ride.

Since you asked though-- I thought it was a very good game for my girls, basically even in terms of play between the two teams. They would control the ball for a while, we would control, they would quick counter, we would quick counter. Back and forth- back and forth. The last 10-15 minutes were absolutely outstanding fun to watch- incredible!

The goal came in the 7th minute I believe on what I think was a cross more than a shot. To me- it looked like the player was trying to cross the ball back into play and it just happened to float over my keeper and into the back corner of the net. I could be wrong and it may have been a shot, just from my angle that is how it looked.

We dinked their post a couple of time, they dinked ours once I think. I agree with Ken Smith's summary-- that there was a lot of nail biting going on, on both sides, scoring chances unrecognized, and that it could have gone either way.

One thing I do need to add is that I actually had the opportunity to help coach some of the BC girls in club a couple of years, some of them live in my neighborhood, I see them at the pool in the summer, etc… so loosing to them is a bit bittersweet, especially since it was their Senior Night. It is a strange situation when a team gets off the bus- several of them give you hugs and high fives-asks how are you doing-says they miss you- and then beats you 6-0 at home but then on the way back to their bus, more hugs and high fives etc. That was last year. 0-1 and the effort the girls put forth last night at BC this year is plenty enough for me to be proud of and hopefully build on…..although I think I’m going to have to scold my daughter for volunteering to be a BC ball girl for the game and for my son playing soccer at half time with them. WHERE IS THE LOVE I ASK YOU!!!!

Best of luck to BC the rest of the way this year. Best wishes to the girls moving on to college and Governor’s school. And wishes of success for the young ladies waiting in the wings to fill the cleats of those moving on!

tk

Tony King
CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
If you want, the wife and I can head on down (yes she fishes and I love that about her) and you can get there when you can!

brace
brace
How do you expect me to concentrate on soccer?

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
world cup
world cup
No bigger games in the upstate, as far as playoff implications, than these two:

4/24 - Mauldin @ Spartanburg
4/25 - Northwestern @ Clover

I believe all four of these teams could still finish 2nd, 3rd or 4th in their region.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Welcome back Hurst!!!

And you are correct, huge games.

goal kick
goal kick
Last 3 weeks for Clover as requested,
Clover 2, Ft. Mill 3 in pks (again)
Clover 9 York 0
Clover 10 S Pointe 0

D
Goal
Goal
D
Eastside 1
Riverside 0

D
corner kick
corner kick
D
@ Ashley Hall
Porter Gaud 2
Ashley Hall 1

brace
brace
Woodruff 1
Southside Christian 0

WHS had a 24-6 shot advantage, but SCS had great keeper play and the usual overall fine play.

"Living well's the best revenge." r.e.m.
Page 13 of 20 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard