Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 20 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20
World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Is there another decent #4 vs. #1 first-round match up lurking out there somewhere?

Fishing for compliments?

I
goal
goal
I
Quote:

The only reason the soccer field was built at Byrnes was to keep the soccer players off their hallowed football grounds AND to give the football players a practice field for the rest of the year. Even during our training season (football on their offseason) while I was at Byrnes we could not use the weight room most of the time because the football team took precedent even thought their season had just ended.

They built the soccer field a couple years after I graduated and occasionally my brother told me they couldnt even use it due to the football team. Amazing.

I hate to see that the Boys team is apparently in the position they are, we worked very hard while I was there to improve our level of skill and respect around the region and state...apparently that work has reverted back to prehistoric kickball.

All current and future players should think about your last paragraph... Nice thought process

goal
goal
Way to go Eastside! Wonder if Riverside will keep falling?

You may disagree, but you're wrong!
world cup
world cup
Nope...complimenting your region on the fact that it looks like a pretty darn good team could fall to #4.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
brace
brace
Quote:

Way to go Eastside! Wonder if Riverside will keep falling?

Are you kidding? That shows you how good Andy Robinson is as a coach and how far he has brought his young er-than-last-year's-10-seniors team this year. Riverside has 10 seniors this year. They now have lost 2 games in the past 10 days after winning 100 in a row.

Seniors do the job in playoffs, not freshman who are there for the first time. Give me 10 seniors any day. Either Riverside or Eastside has been in the state championship every year since playoffs began, I believe. I think the bet this year is that streak will continue.

Great job Eastside. For the sake of the other schools in Region 2-AAA, we would appreciate it if you would stop ticking Riverside off. They have the tradition, talent, and coaching to win state. All they have to do is execute, and their history would tell you they are pretty good at that.

So is Eastside.

Last edited by Retired, Old, and Happy; 04/25/08 04:13 PM.
S
coach
coach
S
Some numbers to back up what ROH is saying. By my count, Riverside has so far this year played 11 games against currently ranked top-25 opponents. For comparison, Eastside and Airport have played 6 games against top-25 opponents.

I'm not trying to take anything away from the wonderful programs at Eastside and Airport, but Riverside has the type of strength of schedule you typically see in the stronger 4A schedules. I understand that they probably should be classified in 4A already; but they sure aren't hiding from competition.

Bottom line: if anyone is giving good odds against Riverside versus the field in the 3A state playoffs, I'd like to place my bets.

corner kick
corner kick
It must have been a wild night for the Greenville/Spartanburg soccer. I haven't had this many emails about soccer in one morning since the AAAA championship game last year. Most of the information has already been shared on the post. The only thing not shared was the Clover coaches were spotted at the Mauldin/Spartanburg game trying to get a leg up for the playoffs. Hurst and CJ any plans on attending the Mauldin/Byrnes game on Monday?

world cup
world cup
FM is at York on Monday night, sorry.

You two be sure to beat up on eachother though, OK?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
throw in
throw in
Hurst and Grasshopper,

Monday we are hoping for a well played game with no injuries to either team. We hope to bring our best to the playoff matches with Region III teams.

"Play every game with your whole heart as you never know if it is your last game"
World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Nope...complimenting your region on the fact that it looks like a pretty darn good team could fall to #4.

I think R2 is the beast of the east, with R4 doing it's best impersonation. R3 is by far the great mystery of the upstate and most intriguing for me as a fan.

Page 17 of 20 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard