Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Quote:

Congrats USA that is awesome!!! Perhaps you should give that Summerville team a one game playoff to see which division A or B was tougher.

If they wanted to play the winner of the A division, they should have played in the A division. Just my $0.02

I
goal
goal
I
or they could have done as others and try to play down to win... my .02 worth This was their first season at the Academy level, beat a team that was playing U13 then came back to U12 Academy, and beat them. pretty cool.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
I looked at the schedule and to my knowledge there are no teams that played U13 and went back to the Academy state cup... which team do you believe did this?

Last edited by futbol(soccer); 04/22/08 01:25 PM.
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
I looked again and in fact there are no teams that USA played that played up in U13 either in the fall or the spring. There are 4 '95 age girl teams playing in the U13 age group

CUFC 95 Elite and MPSC 95 both playing U13 classic
CESA 95 P and LCSC 95 White both playing U13 challenge

CUFC is #1 out of 7
MPSC is #5 out of 7
CESA is #5 out of 11
LCSC is #6 out of 11

I believe that SCYSA would not allow this to occur. I think there is a requirement that you must play in the state cup for the age group you registered. It also means that none of the players in these teams would beavailable to the academy as they have to be registered as U13 and therefore no longer pool eligible.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
AS I no longer see DSC in the sites , maybe DSC and Lancaster are the same. ????

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
If you look at the registered teams for the U13 division, both the CUFC and MPSC teams are playing U13. Apparently, DSC couldn't field a team at U13, they do seem to have a U12 team though as does Lancaster (according to the website).

"Boys, even if it means dying on the pitch, we must win!" Marc-Vivien Foe 1975 - 2003
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
DSC was registered as a 94 team in the fall... maybe they were mostly 95s and had a couple 94s and have since gone back to 95s. Regardless..Papa Hatfield made a comment without back-up and DSC did not participate.

So who played U13 and moved down??? this would be against the rules as know them. Furthermore it would preclude that team from participating in the state cup for the current U13 season.

O
throw in
throw in
O
Quote:

If they wanted to play the winner of the A division, they should have played in the A division. Just my $0.02

To my knowledge, there was no intentional differences in the setup of the two divisions with regards to skill level. There was simply such a good turnout from the SCYSA academy / classic teams willing to compete for state that there was a need to have two brackets to allow all the teams to play. What would you have called them? Bracket 1 & Bracket 2? People would then say that relates to Division 1 & Division 2. Since the brackets got labeled A & B, now people want to relate this to "A" teams & "B" teams. Phooey - they are all "A" teams.

It would be ridiculous to ask these kids to play 5 games in a weekend. Almost as ridiculous would be to ask them to come back the next weekend to play the final game. There is no regional tournament that this age qualifies for. What would be the purpose? The teams already know each other, have played before, and will play again. The only purpose I see being served by trying to elminate one of them as co-champions would be so that some adults could boast a little bit louder.

Far too often, adults make a mess of youth soccer. Both SSC & USA played where they should have, played hard, and had some very close matches. Neither team asked for a specific placement, and there were no gimmes on either side of the bracket fence. I'm glad both SSC & USA can celebrate and build from this experience.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
O15... since Papa won't say, what team playing U13 played in the U12 state cup?

S
throw in
throw in
S
How about the U-12 rec division? That Juventus team (from CUFC) was the only 'real' rec team there and won the tournament. The LRSC teams were 'all-stars,' Blue Crab plays in tournaments in the Lowcountry (and had a goal differential of 66-2 with no losses coming into the match they lost to Juventus 4-3), and Juventus beat Lakelands Toros in the final. Lakelands plays in the U-12 academy division (Sandlapper League) but was allowed to play in the rec tournament. How is that possible? Either way, the Juve team beat them all ... what a great accomplishment for a team playing at least everyone 50% of the time!

Last edited by Soccer Parent; 04/22/08 05:16 PM.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard