Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
L
throw in
throw in
L
Do the rules not say that a team must play in a SCYSA recognized league? Do the rules place a limit on the age group that you are playing in? Many teams play up an age during season/league play.

We know

98G Luna-Chicks
A u-9 Rec team playing in the u-10G Sandlapper Division.
I do not remember it saying u-10 Sandlapper academy?
We play to get better - - The competition is what we are after.

FYI --- ---
SO it is very clear. We are a u-9 Rec team by all definitions. We registered for the state cup according to our status knowing full well that some of the larger clubs would consider sending ALLSTAR rec teams (I saw several, and may have even played one) to the State Cup. I also e-mailed SCYSA telling them that "in the spirit of competition" that we would be more than happy to play u-9 rec, u-10 rec or u-9 academy. I left it up to them for placement. JIYSC had a u-11 rec team moved to u-11 Academy just for this reason.

O
throw in
throw in
O
Quote:

O15... since Papa won't say, what team playing U13 played in the U12 state cup?

??? I've heard rumors, but that's about it. Not worthy of repeating. Since players can only compete in one state cup per year, a team coming down from U13 to play U12 would be cup ineligible for the U13 bracket. I really don't see anyone doing that unless perhaps they simply could not compete at the U13 level. IMHO, I think it's highly unlikely that this actually occurred - but if the team was truly U12, then they should be free to make that choice. They should just should be placed in the academy / select bracket.

Soccer Parent,

Kudos to your boys. I personally don't like the idea of putting together "all star" teams for a recreational bracket in a tournament - especially when it's the state tournament. Kind of defeats the whole classification of the bracket. I'm sure any team that shuffled players did it within the boundaries of the rules. Maybe they just couldn't get an entire team to commit, so they had to do some end of season modifications. Whatever the case, it sounds like your boys did more than just survive, they excelled. Great job.

O
throw in
throw in
O
Luna-Chicks,

Any team signing up to play in the the U9 division should expect to get academy quality competition.

Odd number age group year = classic division (U19 excluded)

Perhaps not a hard & fast rule, but a rule of thumb none-the-less. I doubt anybody in your bracket was caught off-guard that the teams would be academy quality.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
O15... thanks for the info... It must definetely be a rumor started by someone who does not know...As I stated before there are only 4 teams playing up.

CESA 95 Premier and LCSC 95 White played each other in Greenville on the 19th (0-0 tie) and there were no reps from either CUFC or MPSC in the cup at that age bracket.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Obadiah ... I wasn't complaining that the LRSC team was "like" an all star team (they indeed may have been comprised of players who just wanted to play), but my point was that our team was about the only "true" rec team in our bracket. We practice once a week and play one game a week (and everyone plays at least half the games). That's what made it great b/c we won playing in the true spirit of recreational sports.

O
throw in
throw in
O
<Thumbs Up> and your group is appreciated for that.

A
throw in
throw in
A
MPSC academy teams don't participate in State Cup...as for the
merits of why they don't....open for discussion

L
throw in
throw in
L
MPSC -
Academy teams Elite and White do not play in leagues.

(a requirement for state cup)

A
throw in
throw in
A
Club policy to not play Sate Cup, disregardless of league play or not. Some MPSC Academy teams played Sandlapper last year. Some Academy teams play LYSA this year. Notice lack of CESA teams as well.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

MPSC - Academy teams Elite and White do not play in leagues.

Then where do they play? Isn't arsenel2 correct that they play in either the Sandlapper League or the Lowcountry Youth Soccer League? Both are SCYSA affiliated and qualify for state cup play.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard